Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Windows Phone Remote App being redesigned

Problem Solver

Windows Phone Remote App being redesigned

I received a phone call from Comcast National Engineering and they told me that there is a fatal flaw in the Xfinity Remote App for windows phone with X-1 Service and that they were busily working on a new app to replace the old faulty one.

Regular Contributor

Re: Windows Phone Remote App being redesigned

This is good news for us that haven't been able to use this app for a few months now.More people are getting Windows 8 phones now and have anyone notice how much window placement of phones and surface tablets are in many TV shows now .I do it is like when you get a xcar then notice hjow many there is on the road or featured in shows or movies.

Regular Visitor

It would be nice if Xfinity would instead channel the resources spent on the relatively useless remote app to a highly desired one - a player app that will permit Windows Phone 8 users to watch Xfinity on their phones...

New Poster

I just ordered xfinity TV and switching over from directv, as I am combining tv, internet and home phone service with comcast. 

How well does the remote work, I am used to the pretty directv app on windows 8.

I have been an windows phone user since windows mobile os 6.0!

- My wife just switched over from Android to Windows Phone 8 (Nokia Lumia Icon)

Thanks!

..Ramesh

Nokia Lumia 928

Regular Contributor

Welcome to Xfinity and to the forum dsramesh,it has been mentioned prior to your arrival that the Windows 8 phone app is being reworked.I previously had been using it from my anyroom set up and thru switch over to the X1 platform but, it started to not work for me since late Nov. I have tried the usuall uninstall and reinstall but to no avail.Hopefully as mentioned it is being worked on.Before I had X1 it was helpful in deleting or scheduling shows but, at least withX1 my companion boxes can do that though it would be nice to have if not home or at a computer to remotely schedule something.Again welcome I previuosly came from Directv also because of my missing Phila. sports teams games for better then 6 yrs.

New Poster

Thanks!  I hope they fix it ASAP, the installer is coming tomorrow morning (Thurday) to install the TV and Home Phone and I will no longer be able to use the Directv App on Windows Phone!

I am so used to recording shows I want to watch while on vacation with the Directv App, and if the current Xfinity app is not working then it will be big loss!

Comcast, are you listening?

- Hope you fix the App soon, as I have 30 days to cancel if I am not happy with Xfinity TV/DVR and Home phone!

Thanks!

..Ramesh

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation