Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Windows 7 / Silverlight & Xfintity TV

New Poster

Windows 7 / Silverlight & Xfintity TV

I don't know what backend changes you made to so royally screw up your Xfinity player but it's another nail in the coffin against Comcast. I don't want to spend hours trying to get the player working on my preferred browser, Chrome, I just want it to work. Other services such as Netflix uses Silverlight fine on multile OS'es and broswers. Your solution makes the while process aggervating and want to cancel my service even more.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Windows 7 / Silverlight & Xfintity TV

nocolorblue wrote:

I don't know what backend changes you made to so royally screw up your Xfinity player but it's another nail in the coffin against Comcast. I don't want to spend hours trying to get the player working on my preferred browser, Chrome, I just want it to work. Other services such as Netflix uses Silverlight fine on multile OS'es and broswers. Your solution makes the while process aggervating and want to cancel my service even more.

I would like to further assist you.

What error message are you receiving when trying to watch videos? 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I tried to update my silverlight plug in per your web players instructions, only to be told that the 64 bit version is already installed. 

Official Employee

nocolorblue wrote:

I tried to update my silverlight plug in per your web players instructions, only to be told that the 64 bit version is already installed. 

Completely remove Silverlight from your computer. Search for all Silverlight files and delete them then try starting a video again. Now follow the on-screen instructions and it should bypass the screen where it tells you that it is already installed.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Gonna have to go with a big no on that one. Xfinity should change their backend to a standard version of Sliverlight, or just go HTML5 and we'll all be happier. 

New Poster

Same problem here.

Win7 Pro x64 SP1, silverlight x64 5.1.10411.0

NONE of the browsers can play "The Daily Show"

I did the uninstall dance, though had not deleted the files manually.

32-bit IE 9, FireFox 13.0.1 & Chrome:

You're almost ready to watch The Daily Show With Jon Stewart

Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video.

64-bit IE:

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista: IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7: IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+: IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

My Device Information My Zip Code: 48390 My Cable Provider: Comcast Walled Lake CableCard My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.227.xx.xxx My operating system: Windows - rv:13.0 My web browser: Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bh, a, b, cj Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

Official Employee

Try downloading Silverlight from the link below. This should work for all Windows users on IE 32-bit, Chrome, and Firefox:

http://silverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/5/F/4/5F4E029C-77F5-4EC7-B084-E7B180483AFF/10516...

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have an apple mac computer and I was watching videos on xfinity perfectly until today. This message keeps coming up: Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video. I have updated silverlight multiple times and uninstalled it and tried again. Nothing is working. I tried the link you suggested and that did not work either. 

Official Employee

melruberg wrote:

I have an apple mac computer and I was watching videos on xfinity perfectly until today. This message keeps coming up: Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video. I have updated silverlight multiple times and uninstalled it and tried again. Nothing is working. I tried the link you suggested and that did not work either. 

Completely uninstall Silverlight and all of its files from your computer and then try installing Silverlight from here:

http://silverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/5/F/4/5F4E029C-77F5-4EC7-B084-E7B180483AFF/10516...

THIS IS FOR MAC USERS ONLY.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

That did not work. Xfinity is still telling me I need to install silverlight after I already did.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation