Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why no Live TV on Android app?

New Poster

Why no Live TV on Android app?

Hi!  I just think it's kinda strange that you can get live Comcast TV on a PC or laptop, but not on the Comcast Android phone app.  How come?  Will it ever happen?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Why no Live TV on Android app?

Sorry...forgot to add something.  The CNN Android app does not provide live streams of either CNN or HLN, and the MSNBC Android app does not provide a live stream either.  Why aren't those on the Xfinity app for Android?  And will we ever get a live stream of Comcast Sportsnet?   I work late often and my office does not have cable, so I miss a lot of Sox games.

Silver Problem Solver

you have to make a distinction here.  if you go here you see there are ten channels you can watch live on your pc.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/?INTCMP=ILCCOMCOM164817

Now lets talk IOS apple.  On the apple devices you do not watch these shows through the xfinity app, you watch them through the networks app, like for cnn you watch through the cnn app, for espn you watch through the esnp app.  You authenticate through the app with your comcast credentials.  

For android there are 3 cnn apps make sure you have the one that is black in the background with red lettering that should stream.   All these apps are not from comcast but by the individual network, if they dont work on your device you need to work with the hardware maker or app maker as comcast just gives you access to these. 

New Poster

The way they are handling tablet access to shows by app, by network, by browswer etc is totally confusing.

They need to get live TV to work inside the Xfinity apps along side the On Demad content. 

Right now on the Kindle HD you can't watch live through the browswer because it requires Flash or Silverlight which I think Amazon needs to update in their browser. 

I haven't tried Safari on the iPad yet but I'm sure they have issues since Flash isn't supported - it would have to work via. Quicktime.

Silver Problem Solver

you cannot watch live tv on any device with comcast cable.  Some markets are testing the anyplay device which is for ipad which costs 10.00 month and you have to plug the device into your router and it streams to the ipad.  That is the only option.  I think only cablevision or timewarner has live streaming.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation