Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why does Xfinity stream say Im not on my home wifi when I am?

Regular Visitor

Why does Xfinity stream say Im not on my home wifi when I am?

When I am in my home using my perosnal Wifi, I try to stream all Xfninty channels that I get with my account on the xfinity website as well as the app but it keeps saying I am not on my home Wifi and I can only watch the TVGo channels. This does not make sense because I am on my home Wifi and it is the Wifi account through Xfinity. The only thing I can think of is maybe the Xfinity stream services arent compatable with the wireless router I am using so it isnt picking up the signal correctly. The wireless router I am using is an Apple Wifi router. I have also looked through the settings on both the streaming website and the app to see if I could type in the wifi account I am using but for some reason it doesnt allow this. But regardless it should work because the wifi is on and my devices are picking up the signal. I have also had the same problem with the Xfinity app on my Roku. It says it cannot even connect to any channels at all even the TVgo ones because I am not on my home Wifi account. If anyone can help me figure out why this is happening it would be greatly appreciated. I have already called Comcast and tried to have them help me fix this problem but nothing they told me to do worked. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Why does Xfinity stream say Im not on my home wifi when I am?

lcourpas wrote:

When I am in my home using my perosnal Wifi, I try to stream all Xfninty channels that I get with my account on the xfinity website as well as the app but it keeps saying I am not on my home Wifi and I can only watch the TVGo channels. This does not make sense because I am on my home Wifi and it is the Wifi account through Xfinity. The only thing I can think of is maybe the Xfinity stream services arent compatable with the wireless router I am using so it isnt picking up the signal correctly. The wireless router I am using is an Apple Wifi router. I have also looked through the settings on both the streaming website and the app to see if I could type in the wifi account I am using but for some reason it doesnt allow this. But regardless it should work because the wifi is on and my devices are picking up the signal. I have also had the same problem with the Xfinity app on my Roku. It says it cannot even connect to any channels at all even the TVgo ones because I am not on my home Wifi account. If anyone can help me figure out why this is happening it would be greatly appreciated. I have already called Comcast and tried to have them help me fix this problem but nothing they told me to do worked. 

Goto Xf my accounts devices and verify that your cable modem serial number is correct.

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation