Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why does Comcast keep telling their c ustomers they all have apps thery can use?

Frequent Visitor

Why does Comcast keep telling their c ustomers they all have apps thery can use?

Since the multi-billion dollar a year Comcast company cannot see it's way to spend the money needed to make apps that operate on the Windows phone, you do NOT have apps that are available for every user and I resent getting the mail telling me you do. Quit lying to people, be honest in your advertisements and tell your customers and potential customers that you have made a conscious decision not to support Windows phones with interactive apps for your system.

Those of us with Windows phones have been asking for the same apps you provide your other users for years now, and you are too cheap to have them made.

Service Expert

Re: Why does Comcast keep telling their c ustomers they all have apps thery can use?

mikeatwood wrote:

Since the multi-billion dollar a year Comcast company cannot see it's way to spend the money needed to make apps that operate on the Windows phone, you do NOT have apps that are available for every user and I resent getting the mail telling me you do. Quit lying to people, be honest in your advertisements and tell your customers and potential customers that you have made a conscious decision not to support Windows phones with interactive apps for your system.

Those of us with Windows phones have been asking for the same apps you provide your other users for years now, and you are too cheap to have them made.

there is a difference in security (DRM digital rights management) between devices and operating systems. Both android and apple have cooperated with the industry and provided secuirty to the provider. Add to that that the number of devices is very much concentrated with android and apple devices. Google, as big as it is, has ended its own 'fire' phone for same reason in that the market is currently owned by both android and apple. With your windows phone, are you able to use via a browser the http://xtv.comcast.net site?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Why does Comcast keep telling their c ustomers they all have apps thery can use?

Absolutely. I can visit a web page. Tell me how that helps to use any of the apps in the X1 operating system.  And both the two systems have different security systems from each other.All any Windows developer needs to do is get a certificate from Microsoft and keep it current. You have to agree to respond to complaints from your customers (which you have not done with the one app you provide in the Windows storee at this time that simply acts as a remote and does NOT perform the interactions with the X1 operating system your tech support system personnel state over the phone it's supposed to do.

Look, you make billions of dollars a year off your customers but you justify not releasing new apps to Microsoft customers because there aren't as many phones out there? The sales of microsoft phones has increased since the release of version 8.1 with the4 Cortana voice operating system (which BTW is rated by technical and software experts as a better system than that used by the iPhone 6.)  It has nothing to do with the number of phones. It has nothing to do with the cost of developing, or ability to develope working apps for the Windows phone. It has everything to do with the owner of Comcast not wanting to support anything to do with Microsoft.  You know it and I know it and millions of others know it.  Your company is part of the problem, but you refuse to be any part of the solution. You are driving the market in cell phones rather than encouraging any kind of healthy competition in that market, and you are hurting your paying customers in doing so.

Point is, you keep advertising apps with no qualifications to your statements. So are the apps that are being promised to be available or on their way going to be provided to everyone, or is Comcast going to continue to lie and make false advertisement statements? 

Be honest and let your potential new X1 operating system customers know that if they use a Windows phone or intend to purchase a Windows phone, they will never have access to certain features including the X1 apps. With 7 MILLION WP8.1 phones sold in a single quarter (WP8.1 is now the third most popular operating system in the world surpassing the Blackberry and is ganing ground on the Apple 6 crowd wanting the very best in operating systems) you are depriving millions of your customers and potential x1 customers with the ability to fully function and interact with their systems.

Service Expert

I'm just another customer. Comcast users have their username in red letters.

a google search finds this market share chart over last 3 years 

www.idc.com market share chart

the chart shows why they would concentrate on those two providers. 

another thread on this forum said that comcast is in process to enable windows operating systems download recordings for offline playback but no date of expected release was provided.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation