Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why do we have to see ads with the Videos?

New Poster

Why do we have to see ads with the Videos?

I understand if someone is not logged in that they would have to suffer through an ad on every other Fan Video, but once you're logged in I don't feel I should have to see all the ads.  After all, I'm paying for this stuff already so....

Tags (1)
Email Expert

Re: Why do we have to see ads with the Videos?

Bassman1950 wrote:

I understand if someone is not logged in that they would have to suffer through an ad on every other Fan Video, but once you're logged in I don't feel I should have to see all the ads.  After all, I'm paying for this stuff already so....

For the same reason you watch them on TV.  The ads pay for the programs.

mady

>

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

To elborate more on whatmadylarian said:

To have the rights to put most shows online (or on the TV for that matter) we are required by the owners of those shows to put in ads. That's just the nature of the business. If we did not show the ads, simply we would not have the shows at all. The content owners would not give it to us and you could not watch them at all. You will notice that when you watch the same shows on TV they have ads, in many cases much more ads than we play online.

Some of our premium partners like HBO, Showtime, Encore, Cinemax and Starz all have ad free business models so you can watch their shows and movies without interruption.

Thanks,

Joe

Xfinitytv.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Does this rationale also hold for the annoying banner ads in the new Guide?  I am paying Comcast to provide me the content then, but yet we all still have to endure the annoying ads when surfing through the guide.  I have better ad control in my internet browser....  Seems greedy, and not at all in line with the fact that paying customers' preferences should be addressed.  

Regular Visitor

You know that every time that you actually wait out these annoying ads and then watch the video you are in effect putting more money into comcast accounts. This is just another way to make comcast wealthier. I never watch there videos instead most videos are on Youtube for free.

New Poster

I totally agree; its ridiculous, the horrible thing is that you have to sit through the same between videos. I agree totally, we're all paying for the service already why do we have to endure this nonsense.

I have totally avoided the comcast site altogether. I have noticed that there is no one that will take feedback on these matters. The same reason why the TV xfinity app still sucks and doesn't work. First chance I get to bail I will do so.

Gold Problem Solver

There is a link on the bottom right side of the Comcast homepage where you can submit feedback.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.