Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why do I keep getting locked out of premium channels for no reason?

New Poster

Why do I keep getting locked out of premium channels for no reason?

Hi there, I don't know what I'm doing because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but after I've signed in to the site, I'll go to watch a show on HBO or Showtime (which I have subscriptions to), and I'm locked out.  I'll try IE and then Chrome and sometimes one works or sometimes the other or neither.  I'll log off and log back on and sometimes that fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. What am I doing or not doing to cause this problem?  Is it common?  I'm coming up on the end of the second season of The Wire and am getting really frustrated.  Thanks for any insight. 

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why do I keep getting locked out of premium channels for no reason?

clear cache and cookies dont use IE 9 for access.  Update silverlight and flash.  SEe if that lets you in.

Official Employee

Re: Why do I keep getting locked out of premium channels for no reason?

rohanagain wrote:

Hi there, I don't know what I'm doing because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but after I've signed in to the site, I'll go to watch a show on HBO or Showtime (which I have subscriptions to), and I'm locked out.  I'll try IE and then Chrome and sometimes one works or sometimes the other or neither.  I'll log off and log back on and sometimes that fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. What am I doing or not doing to cause this problem?  Is it common?  I'm coming up on the end of the second season of The Wire and am getting really frustrated.  Thanks for any insight. 

Try deleting your cookies and cache then try again.

If you are still having issues, try going here and removing all your authorized devices and then try watching a video again.

Also, where are you signing in at? Through Xfinity.com or at Xfinitytv.com? I ask because some customers have been having better luck with not getting orange keys signing in through Xfinity.com. This is not a solution and may be a cocidence but I have having customers test it out.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation