Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why do I always get a "download interrupted error? on the Xfinity TV app?

Contributor

Why do I always get a "download interrupted error? on the Xfinity TV app?

I used to have no trouble downloading shows, sporting events, and movies to my Samsung Galaxy S5.  I noticed that in the past, I could have about 6 hours (roughly) of stuff downloaded before it couldn't do any more (do to storage limits on the phone or the app I guess).  However, now, I havent been able to download anything for months other than a recent 30 minute show.  I have been trying to download 2 hour sporting events that only make it to 30%-40% downloaded when I get a "downloade interrupted error."  I am downloading on a strong home wifi connection.

Does anybody know why this is happening?  If its due to storage limits, does anybody know how much space I need to have on my phone or on my app to be able to download something on the TV GO app.

Service Expert

Re: Why do I always get a "download interrupted error? on the Xfinity TV app?

J91230 wrote:

I used to have no trouble downloading shows, sporting events, and movies to my Samsung Galaxy S5.  I noticed that in the past, I could have about 6 hours (roughly) of stuff downloaded before it couldn't do any more (do to storage limits on the phone or the app I guess).  However, now, I havent been able to download anything for months other than a recent 30 minute show.  I have been trying to download 2 hour sporting events that only make it to 30%-40% downloaded when I get a "downloade interrupted error."  I am downloading on a strong home wifi connection.

Does anybody know why this is happening?  If its due to storage limits, does anybody know how much space I need to have on my phone or on my app to be able to download something on the TV GO app.

As different content has different sizes ( SD vs. HD, tv episodes vs movies ) you must have enough room regardless of what you download.   To assist with this, you may need to offload pictures/movies/unused APPS, etc to make the room sufficient for your downloading.   It is different for every person and for every device.... without knowing the contents of your S5 makes it extremely difficult to troubleshoot in these forums...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Why do I always get a "download interrupted error? on the Xfinity TV app?

My point is that I have about as much space on my Samsung now as I did when I was able to hold 6 hours of downloaded shows.  How much "free space" do I need to download a show?  I'm looking for hard numbers.  My phone's memory is 16GB, how much do I have to have free to download a 2 hour HD show?

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation