Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why can't I watch on demand on mt android galaxy tab 10.1?

ANSWERED
New Poster

Why can't I watch on demand on mt android galaxy tab 10.1?

when i try to load an on demand selection, it says i need flash. i already have adobe flash player 11 (latest) on my tab. why is this not so easy...
Accepted Solution

Re: Why can't I watch on demand on mt android galaxy tab 10.1?

We're excited to announce that we've just launched the Xfinity TV Player app for Android, which provides streaming capabilities.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.playnow

More details here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-TV-Player-app-for-Android/td-p/1292871

Eric

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

so you downloaded the xfintity tvapp from the android market and set it up correctly?  Here is the help page for the app.

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?seoid=Top-Tips-for-using-the-Xfinity-TV-app

Official Employee

hawkpaul wrote:
when i try to load an on demand selection, it says i need flash. i already have adobe flash player 11 (latest) on my tab. why is this not so easy...

I am sorry but video playback is currently only available on the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch.

Our team is working hard trying to make more devices compatible with video playback.

We will update you when we know more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Has the problem with using Xfinity TV app been fixed for Galaxy Tab yet? 

We can use most of the features but can not use the play now, or watch movies on demand on the Galaxy, this is very disapointing. Please let us know when this should be fixed.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

I just got a Lenovo Thinkpad tablet with Andoid o/s that is incompatable with Xfinity mobile apps? Why is any o/s incompatable???
New Poster

It seems they only made the app for ipad, ipod or iphone. We were trying to get it to work on a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet and it will not work. Hoping they fix it soon.

New Poster

Joe,

I think we've been hearing the same line from Comcast since the "Play Now" feature came out for iOS nearly 11 months ago. In terms of smart devices that is an eternity. Heck RIM has about died in that amount of time.

I've scoured the internet looking for the same information and even submitted a request to the Comcast support line and got (not surprising) absolute gibberish in the response about my the compatibility of my DVR...which of course wasn't the question at all.

How about a bit of detail: what is the challenge? What is the proposed schedule? is it being optimized for android tables or smartphones?...details please, not just "Please Wait". There is nothing more infuriating than that.

Trust me I already despise Comcast, but I'm just looking for some ray of sunshine in the world of terrible Comcast customer service so I don't finally cross the line and get DirectTV (I've already bagged my Comcast Internet and Phone because of similar non-responsive behavior)

Sorry for being harsh, but 11 months is ridiculous given the amount of android users out there.

New Poster

I second that.  I would like to view OnDemand shows on my mobile phone just like the iPhone users.  Does comcast not view android users as equal costomers.  It's obvious that android users want the same services you provide to other customers.  What's the status on this!?!?!

Frequent Visitor

To borrow a line, "Your stunned silence is not very reassuring" Comcast.
Official Employee

jablankenship wrote:
To borrow a line, "Your stunned silence is not very reassuring" Comcast.

I am sorry but I have no new information right now.

Our team is activity working on adding video playback to Android devices and I will update this thread when any new information comes across.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thanks, Joe.  Why does no one at Comcast seem to be interested in offering HBOgo on the Roku?  I'm not asking for Xfinity, just HBOgo.  So many other providers subscribe, but Comcast acts like a little small town provider like my other internet provider at my other home.  (Real small, no one's ever heard of them before, and Comcast appears to want to be JUST like them!)

Regular Visitor

Any update to this issue? I am really miffed that i pay comcast over $250 a month and have to pull out my work Samsung Series 7 tablet to watch shows on xfinity.com.
Regular Visitor

For a highly technical company like Xfinity/Comcast, Why is it taking so long for all your neat features to work on the galaxy 10.1 And do you have an approx date for this to happen

It is a crime that the best tablet by far can not work well with all the xfinity apps.

Gary

Tags (1)
New Poster

WE ARE ANDROID! HEAR US ROAR!
New Poster

App for Android

When will Comcast develop an app for Android? Nearly fifty percent of the market is Android?

New Poster

Joe - any guesses on when the video will be available for androids?  I just bought a Galaxy tab and am now seriously considering taking it back to the store.

Official Employee

dcar1 wrote:

Joe - any guesses on when the video will be available for androids?  I just bought a Galaxy tab and am now seriously considering taking it back to the store.

I am sorry but I do not have a date I can give you right now.

I will update this thread when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Dcar1, maybe that is what they want you to do, only buy apple. Why..... it just makes their job easier when they want to change something in the program, I dont think so. Over a year to add streaming to a program, really? Maybe it is because they dont want to pay someone for the rights to use a streaming playback decoder, no that dosnt sound right. Maybe they dont want to pay the providers of the content their fees, maybe. Maybe they are working with apple to help apple sales, maybe that's it, I dont know. Last but not least, they know that their network can't handle the stress.

It could be any of the above. I know that in the end thre higher ups would not tolerate this kind of gross incompetence and hit to their bottom line unless they were making money somewhere.

Marie
New Poster

Enough time has passed in order for Comcast/Xfinity to make available an app to view programming on an Android platform. If corporate wanted this to happen it would have happened by now. It saddens me how unresponsive this company has been to client issues. BTW don't get me started with Comcast's Triple Play-you can check in but you can never check out.....

Contributor

Streaming Video to Android phones - When?

Wondering when streaming video will be available for Android users?

Thanks.

Steve

Regular Visitor

This is bull! It's been over a year since this post. It is quite obvious Comcast is in bed with Apple to make sure the On Demand feature is exclusive to their devices. Perhaps Apple owns some Comcast stock, i don't know, but it sure seems they are conspiring together and against what is in the best interest of their customers. I am dumping Xfinity for Direct TV.

New Poster

It's not only BS, my earlier post was deleted because it was too critical of Comcast. The company is a joke, but in some place, like where I live, there is only one game in town and you have to put up with it.

Regular Visitor

stem wrote:

It's not only BS, my earlier post was deleted because it was too critical of Comcast. The company is a joke, but in some place, like where I live, there is only one game in town and you have to put up with it.

Then perhaps I will not be seeing my previous post up here for too much longer.

New Poster

There's that possibility.

Official Employee

We're excited to announce that we've just launched the Xfinity TV Player app for Android, which provides streaming capabilities.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.playnow

More details here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-TV-Player-app-for-Android/td-p/1292871

Eric

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I was excited to finally hear this news and immediately attempted to install the app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab (GT-P1000) running Android 2.3.3. Google Play tells me it won't work with my device, but your info says it works with 2.3 and higher, which my device has. I immediately (5/25/12) sent an email to xfinity_remote@cable.comcast.com, and of course I've received no response as of 11 days later. The incomprehensibly slow progress of Comcast when it comes to tech of this type continues, while, of course, my cable bill just went up. 

Official Employee

brownstem, the app should work with your device.  I'm looking into this and will let you know what I find out.

Eric

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thank you.

Official Employee

brownstem,  can you please respond with the following information?

• Make
  • Model
  • Wireless Provider
  • OS installed
  • Version of app

thanks.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Great!  Now when will you release an app for the Roku?

New Poster

Re: Why can't I watch on demand on my android galaxy tab 10.1?

Dear Sir,

I have downloaded the app and when i goto play a movie it runs it cycle of checks and then right after it switches screen i get a notification saying "Please check your internet connection and try again"  I have full 100% wi-fi signal and its strong.  What do I need to do?  Do i need to do sumthing in my router or sumthing?  Please let me know asap thank you.

Kevin