Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why can't I use Chromecast with the Stream app?

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Why can't I use Chromecast with the Stream app?

I am absolutely furious right now. All I want to do is watch Black Sails on Starz on the treadmill by using the app on my phone and casting it to the TV. The Stream app blocks this. I can't use the Starz app because Xfinity is no longer supported, even though every other provider is. I'm paying over $200 a month to have access to this programming, this is not OK. When will Xfinity put its customers first. I'm very tempted to ditch Xfinity altogether.
Accepted Solution

Re: Why can't I use Chromecast with the Stream app?

This is NOT a Comcast issue, all the networks are determined by the network. If another company offers it it's because they were able to work out an agreement. Comcast has ZERO benefit in limiting their customers access through other means. It's all going to be app based anyways so give us some time and I promise you'll be happy! Hope it works out for you
View answer in context
New Poster

Having same problem with WGN. Will drop Comcast after contract.
Silver Problem Solver

This really isn't Comcast's fault. The networks want tight control of what devices are used. It's up to the deals made between Comcast and the networks and media companies. It would probably cost Comcast more $$$ in rights if they allowed casting since the networks would want more money for viewing on a 'real' TV instead of a mobile device.

New Poster

This is NOT a Comcast issue, all the networks are determined by the network. If another company offers it it's because they were able to work out an agreement. Comcast has ZERO benefit in limiting their customers access through other means. It's all going to be app based anyways so give us some time and I promise you'll be happy! Hope it works out for you
Frequent Visitor

They sure do have an interest! Chromecast will make it so you don't need to rent the little boxes to watch on any TV in your house!
New Poster

You can do this on youtube tv but not on comcast.. terrible 

New Poster

Yeah right! They would prefer you just lease another set top box for that television, charging you another $10 a month.
Regular Visitor

Yes, this IS a Comcast issue...Comcast and Google are top-tier players in the media industry,

and they need to get together and make this possible to 'cast' from the Comcast 'Stream to TV'

app.

Like some others here, I'll move from Comcast to another TV-provider, if can find a provider

that does allow me to stream from my tablet via Chromecast.

Has anyone here done any experiments, trying to use any of DIRECTV or Dish network or FiOS for this?

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation