Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why can't I access live tv or movies on my computer?

Frequent Visitor

Why can't I access live tv or movies on my computer?

I am unable to watch tv and movies online using my computer. The last time I know for sure it worked correctly was Sept. 6, 2016. Now, when I go to the same website address, I get a log in page instead of the menu that used to list choices - shows, movies, networks, etc. When I try to log in, my user name and password are recognized. I get a screen that says "now connecting to your entertainment experience" but it just goes back to the log in page. I can log into my account details so I know the password is correct.

New Poster

Re: Why can't I access live tv or movies on my computer?

Having the same exact problem for weeks and this is not fair , they need to fix this and also respond to the many that are having the same issues.

Frequent Visitor

I just tried again on another computer with a second username/password and I got stuck in the same login loop. Looked up the website on my phone and discovered that there was a major update to the Xfinity TV app on 9/21/2016. This is the description: "We've got a bunch of improvements for you in this release--and one significant name change." Looked at the reviews (mostly 1 star!) and there are lots of complaints and many were posted after the 'improvement.' Did something get broken during this 'fix? I decided not to even download the app to my iPhone. Why bother? Comcast has got to fix this and soon!

New Poster

I've been having the same issue.  I had been able to use the new interface prior when it was just a banner at the top of the old page.  Now I'm in an endless loop.  Occationally I will get "Error xacsa.provision.500: FatalDrmError" .  I'm running Windows 10 1607.  I can access individual channel sites and authenticate with my comcast subscriber ID, but not directly on the web tx.xfinity.com.

Frequent Visitor

Finally solved my problem. Had to go into my browser settings (Firefox) and enable third party cookies and now it works! YAY!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation