Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why are there 3 different Apps? And an issue.

Contributor

Why are there 3 different Apps? And an issue.

On my Android, I now have 3 different Xfinity Apps:

1. Xfinity Player

2. Xfinity TV

3. Xfinity Mobile

With Xfinity Mobile, I can do everything that I can do with Xfinity TV. However, I understand that if I upgrade Mobile to the latest version I will lose the TV functionality.

But with the Xfinity TV app, I have the following problems and don't want to update Mobile just yet: I can't go to a specific date and time to see the listings, such as 6/25/12 at 9:00pm without a lot of swiping. Also, the DVR function takes me out to a web page that does not render properly on my phone. It is much better on Xfinity Mobile where everything stays in the app. Am I doing something wrong on these 2 issues?

Xfinity Player works great, by the way. But they should all be incorporated into a single app.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why are there 3 different Apps? And an issue.

you are correct if you upgrade you will lose the tv functions.  The app is very buggy also.  you are correct if you want to go forward in time you need to swipe to get to that time, its just like on the cable box where you have to arrow right to go through it hour by hour same thing.   I would wait for the next version of the app but even then you will lose dvr manager functionality. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Why are there 3 different Apps? And an issue.

XFinity really needs to get off the dime and at least port the Manage My DVR webapp page to a mobile presentation.  No way can you actually use that full webpage on a mobile device.  Just thinking about it aggravates me.  Trying to use it makes me want to rip all the cabling out of the walls!

The other issue I have is with the email checking on the Xfinity Connect app.  No matter how many times I email the Support folks, and no matter how many times they assure me they've fixed it, the app will not stop checking email.  I have an email app on my phone, it checks all my emails, not just Xfinity.  I do not need Xfinity Connect to also chirp in with duplicate alerts for the same emails!  Ridiculous!  The only solution is to force close and clear data on the app.  But then that gets you a replay of the endless initial launch "help" tutorial the next time you launch the app.

And, like many others, I am sick of the endless "come-ons" to sign up for Xfinity Text Messaging.  I don't want this.  I've indicated by clicking the polite "No thanks" button numerous times.  Quit asking, Xfinity.

The only reason I don't uninstall the app is because of the Xfinity Voice Mail utility.  But you wait, they'll figure out a way to make that useless as well.  Then I can uninstall away.

-ddw

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation