Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why are shows suddenly locked that weren't locked earlier in the day

New Poster

Why are shows suddenly locked that weren't locked earlier in the day

I was watching a show and suddenly I'm locked out and I notice then several shows are suddenly locked out. Wen I chatted with Xfinity they said there is an outage but it's a day later and it's still going on. This happens frequently, where a show will be available online and suddenly it's not. 

Official Employee

Re: Why are shows suddenly locked that weren't locked earlier in the day

cupofteagan wrote:

I was watching a show and suddenly I'm locked out and I notice then several shows are suddenly locked out. Wen I chatted with Xfinity they said there is an outage but it's a day later and it's still going on. This happens frequently, where a show will be available online and suddenly it's not. 

There's an On Demand outage presently ( it's just not you) with an ETR of later today

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Is this still an outage problem? I am having the exact same problem, all of my shows are now locked. I went to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer and I am getting this. 

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:
False
Primary Account:
True
Provider Codes:
Jt, Fk, Ep, Eq, Eu, Ey, Fm, Fc, Gi, Gf, Em, Gd, Fo, Ki, Ez, Gk, Fh, Fd, Fy, Ew, Fa, A, Fx, Ge, Gh, Gg, En, Fi, Fb, Jq, Fe, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Fn, Ff, Fs, Et, Fr, Er, Fv, Cj, Ft, Fq, Fl, Fu, Fg, Fp, Eo, Es, Gj, Ev, Gc, Fj, Gb
Internet Subscriber:
True
Cable TV Subscriber:
False
Voice Subscriber:
False

The only problem is I am a Cable TV Subscriber. I have talked with two chat people and am now on the phone with my 4th person and y'all still haven't fixed the issue...
Frequent Visitor

First of all, thanks for the link. I have been experiencing the same issue as you for the last couple of days... I just checked the setting from my desktop computer at home and got the same results! This goes a long way to explaining why my online channel lineup is empty even though I, like you, am a Cable TV customer (digital preferred level of service). Maybe SOMEONE from Comcast will bother to look at these forum postings and investigate this further... 

Problem Solver

Hello iae610,

I apologize for any inconvenience. I see that you spoke with an agent about this. That agent has escalated this to a higher fix department. They will be reaching out to you to move this issue further toward resolution. I did update the notes that you reached out here on the forums in hopes of a more expedient response time. Thank you for your continued patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

From browsing these forums, this appears to be a widespread problem.  We have also found ourselves locked out of all channels, and have spoken with a representative on the phone.  They promised to call back--they haven't yet, and the problem persists.  

Problem Solver

Hello whylion,

My apologies that you have not been contacted yet regarding this issue. Upon review of your account the ticket was open on 07/16. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 72 hours for a member of Advanced Support team to make contact once a ticket is submitted. Thank you for your patience as we work towards a resolution for you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon