Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Why Can I no Longer Watch Certain Channels online (PC Windows)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why Can I no Longer Watch Certain Channels online (PC Windows)

Within the past month I have noticed that all of my local stations are now "Greyed" out so I cannot select them to watch on my PC using the Chrome browser.

Also, certain channels for example Fox Business allows me to click the watch button, but then comes up with a screen that says:

Fox Business is available on TV Go

Not the channel you were looking for?

Shouldn't I be able to watch all of the same channels that I can watch at home on my PC from anywhere?

Accepted Solutions
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Why Can I no Longer Watch Certain Channels online (PC Windows)

MidasHands223 wrote:

Within the past month I have noticed that all of my local stations are now "Greyed" out so I cannot select them to watch on my PC using the Chrome browser.

Also, certain channels for example Fox Business allows me to click the watch button, but then comes up with a screen that says:

Shouldn't I be able to watch all of the same channels that I can watch at home on my PC from anywhere?

When off you home network you can only watch TV Go channels. Under the Live TV menu click TV Go Channels to filter for the available TV Go channels. It has been this way for about a year. So to answer your question: "Shouldn't I be able to watch all of the same channels that I can watch at home on my PC from anywhere?" the answer is no.

All Replies
New Poster

^ bump

Having same issue!!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the bump.

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

When off you home network you can only watch TV Go channels. Under the Live TV menu click TV Go Channels to filter for the available TV Go channels. It has been this way for about a year. So to answer your question: "Shouldn't I be able to watch all of the same channels that I can watch at home on my PC from anywhere?" the answer is no.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply - and that does make sense.  Is there any way to watch all channels on a PC (running Windows 7)?

I have a Roku stick that has the Xfinity App and I can watch any channel on that?  Makes no sense why I cannot watch all channels on my PC as well.

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

Thanks for the reply - and that does make sense.  Is there any way to watch all channels on a PC (running Windows 7)?

I have a Roku stick that has the Xfinity App and I can watch any channel on that?  Makes no sense why I cannot watch all channels on my PC as well.

You can watch all your channels on your pc ONLY IF you are on your home network. If you have a public wifi at home and you are connect to it, the website will consider you off your home network.

Frequent Visitor

Well if this is true than the setup is stupid.  I can watch any channel on my cell phone from anywhere in the world without being connected to my home network but I cannot watch any channel on my laptop?  This makes no sense to me at all.  What would be the point of this setup?

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

Well if this is true than the setup is stupid.  I can watch any channel on my cell phone from anywhere in the world without being connected to my home network but I cannot watch any channel on my laptop?  This makes no sense to me at all.  What would be the point of this setup?

The same rules apply  while on your phone using the xfinity stream app. Comcast also blocks streaming outsite the USA.

Frequent Visitor

That's not true.  I have the Xfinity app on my phone and I am watching a local ABC station right now.  I am in the same location as the PC where I cannot watch local.  In fact, I can watch any channel on the app.

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

That's not true.  I have the Xfinity app on my phone and I am watching a local ABC station right now.  I am in the same location as the PC where I cannot watch local.  In fact, I can watch any channel on the app.

What do you mean "I am in the same location as the PC", are you at home?

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

It is true, from the stream app faq:

Does live TV streaming with the XFINITY Stream app/XFINITY Stream portal include all channels?
When connected to your in-home XFINITY network, you can watch all the channels on your lineup (i.e., those included with your XFINITY TV subscription) through the XFINITY Stream app and portal, with the exception of pay per view or Adult channels. Outside the home, over 200 channels and over 40,000 TV shows and movies from your lineup will be available for live streaming.

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/live-tv-streaming/?currentTopicId=de06704d-4ca7-432d-9a14-8...

Frequent Visitor

I think you are mixing two things up.

First - I am at my office not on my home network.

If what you are describing is true than what I can watch on my PC and what I can watch on the streaming app should be the same.  Yet on my PC I cannot watch any local channels, I cannot watch for example HGTV.  But on the Xfinity App on my phone I can watch all local channels and also channels like HGTV.

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

I think you are mixing two things up.

First - I am at my office not on my home network.

If what you are describing is true than what I can watch on my PC and what I can watch on the streaming app should be the same.  Yet on my PC I cannot watch any local channels, I cannot watch for example HGTV.  But on the Xfinity App on my phone I can watch all local channels and also channels like HGTV.

If you're not on your home network, you should only be able to watch TV Go channels. Are you watching TV Go channels? If so, are there missing TV Go channels on your pc?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, that is correct.  I cannot see the same TV GO channels on my PC as I can on my phone.

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

Yes, that is correct.  I cannot see the same TV GO channels on my PC as I can on my phone.

Yea! We finally understand the real problem. If everything wwere working correctly, you should see the same channels on both the app and web site. You can try deleting browser cookies and cache, and also try a different browser.

Frequent Visitor

Well that didn't work. On my PC I cleared my browsing history and cache.  Using chrome I get the same thing. Using Firefox it is the same.

On my phone (I just downloaded the Xfinity App when we started our conversation) and I can watch local channels.

The list of TV Go Channels on my phone is totally different then what is on my PC.

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

Well that didn't work. On my PC I cleared my browsing history and cache.  Using chrome I get the same thing. Using Firefox it is the same.

On my phone (I just downloaded the Xfinity App when we started our conversation) and I can watch local channels.

The list of TV Go Channels on my phone is totally different then what is on my PC.

This is going to be a problem a comcast rep will need to see. I looked at my TV Go channels and in the app I can see a NBC TV Go channel but not on the website. When I search for NBC on the app and website, NO NBC TV Go channel is listed. So there is a problem some where in their system. NBC is the only TV Go channel I see in the app that is one of the local channels, no ABC or CBS.

Frequent Visitor

So you are seeing the same problem as me.  At least I know there is a real problem now.

Does Comcast follow this board or how do we report the problem?

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

So you are seeing the same problem as me.  At least I know there is a real problem now.

Does Comcast follow this board or how do we report the problem?

Yep I see same problem. I have nbc tv go on app but not on website. Have been PM'ing with comcastAmir with little success.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help with this! 

Frequent Visitor

This is a new problem that started today 10/19.  Yesterday I was able to set recordings for TV shows on CBS, FOX, ABC, NBC, and CW on my work computer using the work network.  Today when I went to set recording, those stations did not appear in the Live TV / All Channels listing.

Bronze Problem Solver

jtveltri wrote:

This is a new problem that started today 10/19.  Yesterday I was able to set recordings for TV shows on CBS, FOX, ABC, NBC, and CW on my work computer using the work network.  Today when I went to set recording, those stations did not appear in the Live TV / All Channels listing.

This thread concerns TV Go channels missing from the web site but not the app. Are you talking about TV Go channels? If so, you can not set a recording for a show on the TV Go channel, you have to go to the real channel to set a recording.

Regular Visitor

Comcast has blocked everything so that now you cant stream xfinity through chromecast. The only one that is still allowed to cast onto your tv using your phone or computer xfinity stream app is Roku. You can also buy the HDMI to Lightning cord and just plug your phone into your TV and stream the Xfinity app that way. Its just you have to constantly get up to change the channels doing it that way. 

Regular Visitor

Yes, you have to log into your Xfinity account and watch it on the Xfinity website. You can only get the app on your phone, Ipad, and Roku. Just go to Xfinity.com and log in and then press the TV icon in the upper right hand corner next to your mailbox icon. You have to have the latest version of Adobe thought to do it. After that you can stream all the channels that you get on the Xfinity Steam App.

Frequent Visitor

Any update on this?

Bronze Problem Solver

MidasHands223 wrote:

Any update on this?

I haven't heard back from comcastAmir by PM or seen anything on the forum about missing channels on stream website

New Poster

The reason is Comcast plays games with their customers.
Every year they come up with new policies and they all inconvenience the customer.
We need more competition and less monopolization.
Frequent Visitor

Unfair