Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

When will Xfinity work with the Starz App

New Poster

When will Xfinity work with the Starz App

Comcast/Xfinity is no longer shown as an available cable provider for use of the Starz App. When will this be corrected?

New Poster

Re: When will Xfinity work with the Starz App

According to comcast, the answer is never again through that app. They have a partnership with roku and will be launching their own app. Until then we are stuck with nothing.

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-and-roku-bring-xfinity-tv-partner-ap...

New Poster

Problem is, you'll still have to be on your home wifi.  So you'll NEVER be able to watch Starz on demand when you're away from home.  I travel a lot for work and loved having access to my shows and all my on demand stuff from my hotel (through my Amazon Fire TV stick), but no longer.  Ugh, so frustrating!

New Poster

When are they coming out with Xfinity app for Roku?   Been in the works for years.

Contributor

I'm seriously starting to doubt this X1/ROKU APP will ever be released, let alone this fall.

Why did they mention this back in April, it's now October and we're still waiting!?!?!

New Poster

I am sincerely putoff as a long time subscriber to Comcast of these games they play that harm their subscribers. Verizon is the main gainer if this attitude continues.

Frequent Visitor

They are telling customers a lie. There is no intention to permit paying customers to watch Starz. Yet another reason to ditch Comcast. 

Frequent Visitor

Apparently never.
Frequent Visitor

Which is fine, the problem is that the Comcast Roku app only works on home wifi and I'm using my sister-in-law's login and I don't live in her house!!
New Poster

Cannot find comcast /xfinity on starz help
New Poster

I am paying for a Starz subscription through Xfinity. I used to be able to use the STARZ app on my roku no matter where I had it hooked up, now I can only watch Starz when I am connected to my home internet which has been having trouble recently. Every other provider allows you to use the STARZ app which allows you to watch anywhere no matter what the internet connection being used is, so xfinity needs to either honor the Starz subscription by allowing the Starz app to be accessed by xfinity customers or have the xfinity app available on your roku and all devices wherever you are if they won’t bring Starz and other premium channel apps back!
Official Employee

Hi RWarrick, 

At this time, we don't have the licensing agreements in place to provide content through the STARZ application. We previously had access using the decommissioned STARZ Play application, but that is no longer available. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I will pass it along through the proper channels to express your interest in getting this added in the future. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation