Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

When will DVR Manager be available in my area?

New Poster

When will DVR Manager be available in my area?

When will DVR manager be available in 08057 zip code? Will there be a charge for the service? I hope not. My bill is barely manageable now. I tried to reduce it by opting for fewer channels but our choices are either getting only a few basic channels or a zillion channels, many of which I don't want or need. The unnecessary channels in my package include repeats of other channels at lower numbers, HD channels which do me no good because I do not have and do not want HD, channels in Spanish and sports channels. I wish we could pay by the number of channels we want and not have to have so many we don't want. Anyway, when will DVR manager be available in 08057 and will there be a charge?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: When will DVR Manager be available in my area?

comcast has said all SA cisco markets will have it by march this year.  Its not that great trust me I have had it two years never used it.   its for people who find themselves away from their house and say oh I forgot to tape than and can do it from their phone or tablet, or for those who like to sit at their pc and set up recordings instead of on your cable box.  If that is you then you will like it if its not then  its like ho hum.   Like anything else thats new you want it but when you get it your like when would I actually use this.

Official Employee

Re: When will DVR Manager be available in my area?

KarateLois wrote:

When will DVR manager be available in 08057 zip code? Will there be a charge for the service? I hope not. My bill is barely manageable now. I tried to reduce it by opting for fewer channels but our choices are either getting only a few basic channels or a zillion channels, many of which I don't want or need. The unnecessary channels in my package include repeats of other channels at lower numbers, HD channels which do me no good because I do not have and do not want HD, channels in Spanish and sports channels. I wish we could pay by the number of channels we want and not have to have so many we don't want. Anyway, when will DVR manager be available in 08057 and will there be a charge?

There is no exact date when DVR Manager will be available in your market but it will be no extra cost. It is possible that you may have to swap out your cable box for one that is compatibile though.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation