New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

When is Comcast going to respond to the problems? Error message 530

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

When is Comcast going to respond to the problems? Error message 530

What good does it do to write on this forum, when I am not getting a response from you folks at Comcast? I am still getting error messages for Unforgetable and now Under the Dome Error message is 530 as well.

So....is my bill going to be less because of this?

Thanks....

Accepted Solution

Re: When is Comcast going to respond to the problems? Error message 530

These are user-to-user forums. Responses by Comcast employees are rare and not very helpful.

If you are unhappy with your service I suggest you call customer support and demand fair restitution. For example, for the first 6 months of this year the Xfinity streaming site was unwatchable for me. I called Comcast CS, explained my problem and demanded a fair rebate for shoddy service. I was given a free month of any premium channel for every month my Xfinity service was not working correctly. I ended up getting 6 months of HBO for free, which seems like a fair value for the Xfinity site (about 20 bucks a month).

I would also suggest you be polite when you make the call. Catch more fies with honey and so forth. I save my rudeness and name calling for the forums. =)

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Comcast "explains" the error here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/530-error-on-Under-the-Dome/m-p/1796272#M26390

I hope the "explanation" makes more sense to you than it does to me!

New Poster

cynthiajdaigle wrote:

What good does it do to write on this forum, when I am not getting a response from you folks at Comcast? I am still getting error messages for Unforgetable and now Under the Dome Error message is 530 as well.

So....is my bill going to be less because of this?

Thanks....

This forum is b.s this service is b.s, I can't stand it, I am very disappointed. I am looking for something better.

Contributor

What didn't you hear the radio ad?? This service boasts a satisfaction Guarantee. I'm SURE they'd be happy to honor it. Just ask Joe for your money back!

ROFLMAO

Regular Contributor

These are user-to-user forums. Responses by Comcast employees are rare and not very helpful.

If you are unhappy with your service I suggest you call customer support and demand fair restitution. For example, for the first 6 months of this year the Xfinity streaming site was unwatchable for me. I called Comcast CS, explained my problem and demanded a fair rebate for shoddy service. I was given a free month of any premium channel for every month my Xfinity service was not working correctly. I ended up getting 6 months of HBO for free, which seems like a fair value for the Xfinity site (about 20 bucks a month).

I would also suggest you be polite when you make the call. Catch more fies with honey and so forth. I save my rudeness and name calling for the forums. =)

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your comments...Great idea! For the most part, like 99% of the time. my words drip with honey.Smiley Wink

Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Found out what the problem was with Unforgetable....(and message 530 i guess), Apparently Time Warner has dropped CBS.

New Poster

cynthiajdaigle wrote:

Hello,

Found out what the problem was with Unforgetable....(and message 530 i guess), Apparently Time Warner has dropped CBS.

What does Time Warner dropping CBS have to do with anything if this is Comcast?

I am in California, where the Time Warner / CBS battle is going on and I do not get any CBS on demand programming, but I seem to get all the regular on the air stuff on my TV.  I have Comcast in my home in Chicago, and can access the on demand for stuff usually here in Cali, but now Im getting those error 530 messages, and Im wondering if its because the IP address Im at shows that I pay to get my internet through Time Warner.