New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

What is the deal with Silverlight????

New Poster

What is the deal with Silverlight????

Joe, et al.

For the last week or so my Mac has been insisting on a Silverlight upgrade, well I loaded it and now watching tv via xfinity (I am on the road for work) is USELESS. I watched an episode of Rizzoli and Isles. not including the intro adds and exit adds, with the number of Silerlight crashes and having to restart the browser to get to be able to 'resume' the show, and yet again watch add after add after add, there are my totals, again not including intro and end ad's.

34 times I had to watch the same 3 ads over and over and over again when Silverlight crashed and I had to restart the browser and 'resume' which one would presume would take you back to where you were not back to where you were, but you have to watch the same commercial repeat 4 or 5 times in a row before the show starts.

Whats being done about this?

When can we expect a Silerlight fix, or better yet, no Silverlight requirement.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: What is the deal with Silverlight????

Strongeye wrote:

Joe, et al.

For the last week or so my Mac has been insisting on a Silverlight upgrade, well I loaded it and now watching tv via xfinity (I am on the road for work) is USELESS. I watched an episode of Rizzoli and Isles. not including the intro adds and exit adds, with the number of Silerlight crashes and having to restart the browser to get to be able to 'resume' the show, and yet again watch add after add after add, there are my totals, again not including intro and end ad's.

34 times I had to watch the same 3 ads over and over and over again when Silverlight crashed and I had to restart the browser and 'resume' which one would presume would take you back to where you were not back to where you were, but you have to watch the same commercial repeat 4 or 5 times in a row before the show starts.

Whats being done about this?

When can we expect a Silerlight fix, or better yet, no Silverlight requirement.

What error message are you getting when Silverlight is crashing?

Also, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am having exactly the same problem and there is no error message. You just get message that Silverlight plugin crashed and you have to start over again by going to more episodes and resuming the show.

New Poster

I'm using Windows 7I've run into the same problem and was able to work around the problemI've found that I'm able to get things working properly by installing the latest version of Firefox, installing the latest version of flash player, and downgrading Silverlight to version 4.1There seem to be problems with using Silverlight version 5 and problems with using IE browsers (which suck for many other reasons).

Comcast customer support is useless (sorry Joe but it's true) ; hopefully you'll find this helpful and they'll wake up.

http://www.silverlight.net/downloads ( you need to uninstall version 5 before installing version 4)
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation