Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

What happened to the channel lineup?

Contributor

What happened to the channel lineup?

I had all my favorite channels set up on the Xfinity box and it worked fine until a couple of days ago. Now "favorites" is a total mess changing the lineup I had setup. Many channels are missing and I have to go to "all listings" to even view a particular channel. I know comcast was going to change the channel numbers, but it is a real mess. Do I have to set up my favorites all over again? Anyone else have this issue.

Service Expert

Re: What happened to the channel lineup?

Which place - web, X1 device, or app?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

What Happened to the channel Line Up?  I can't find my channels anymore.  I want to fix my problem!!!!!   Can YOU Help ME?

Contributor

Actually the channel guide is messed up on all the above X1 box, internet, and the app.

Bronze Problem Solver

Iamhereathome wrote:

Actually the channel guide is messed up on all the above X1 box, internet, and the app.

Favorites are common on all devices, so when favorites are changed on one device, it is shared to all devices. The other day I noticed one of my favorite channels was no longer a favorite. Had to switch to all channels and add it back. I didn't think much of it, I figured I hit the wrong button at some point.

Contributor

It so frustrating that every time Comcast makes some kind of updates the customer has the burden placed on them to correct an issue caused by Comcast. This happened when the online guide changed and caused haedaches for a lot of customers. It seems like Comcast does little, if any, verification and validation of software changes to determine how it would impact the customer, or they simply do not care. 

New Poster

I am also having an issue with the channel guide for favorites. At least half are missing. I have an X1 Platform. I have tried resetting twice, once with the settings another by unplugging the box.
New Poster

+1 for Streaming. Only a small subset of my favorites remain. And I just can't favorite anything now, when I click the button it just doesn't respond.

Bronze Problem Solver

Senyuno wrote:

+1 for Streaming. Only a small subset of my favorites remain. And I just can't favorite anything now, when I click the button it just doesn't respond.

Yep, adding a favorite on the web page hasn't worked for about a week. You can remove a favorite on the web page though. Someone released a buggy version of code.

Contributor

I wonder if Comcast ever reads these forums.

Official Employee

Iamhereathome wrote:

I wonder if Comcast ever reads these forums.

Yes, we read these forums but they are primarily intended for customer to customer help and tips. There are a number of employees, including myself, who have unrelated jobs but spend nights and weekends pitching in to help where we can. 

I'll alert the technical team to ensure they are aware of the issue. 

Thank you,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you!
New Poster

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem?  I've been having the same problem for over 3 months now - the "Favorites" view worked just fine for 4-5 months, but now I can only see favorites under 1000 (none of my over-1000 channels show up anymore).  I've talked with Comcast service reps 3 times, and they all say they've never heard of this issue.  From a quick reading on this Forum, it sounds like there was some sort of software update around July (which was when my problem started).  Just wondering what customers have to do to get this issue resolved.  Thanks!

Contributor

Nope never resolved. The Comcast techs are in a constant state of denial. Calls to Comcast are of no help either. Why they did away with viewing the upper channels is a mystery to me and obviously the techs too. Every time I hear "new and improved" I know something is going to go awry. Isn't it stupid to have to deal with something as mundane as a TV issue when there is so much else going on in the world? I could go on about the problems I had for months until finally reaching someone who actually understood my problem and fixed it. This one however remains a mystery.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation