Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,807,688

members

80

online now

1,953,604

discussions

Top

What happened to my Favorites?

New Poster

What happened to my Favorites?

I went to a lot of trouble marking Favorite Channels, based on what my plan allows me to watch and what I actually do watch.   I don't see any place in the new interface to mark channels as favorites.  In fact, I don't even know if XFINITY just threw away my old list.  If I have to look at a list of hundreds of channels instead of the 30-40 I actually watch, this interface is completely useless to me.

Problem Solver

Re: What happened to my Favorites?

Hello CG_in_SF,

 

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. The XFINITY X1 guide allows you to filter your guide view to display only the types of channels you would like to see.

 

For information on adding channels to your Favorites list, see Add a Channel to Your Favorites in the X1 Guide.




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: What happened to my Favorites?

I'm confused...  I don't have X1, and am sure I'm not alone.  How does this new interface affect us.   I am perfectly happy and content with the ONLINE TV guide as it stands.   

 

My eyes and vision do not adjust to the BLACK BACKGROUND offered, and the grid used as an example was nightmarish to say the least.

 

Again, I mention, I am NOT an X1 subscriber, so will the current ONLINE TV Guide be available to me??  Or will we be forced to accept this new version?

 

Thanks for any info, 

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

Re: What happened to my Favorites?

Hello Blue_Jay,

 

The original poster @CG_in_SF has X1. This is why I provided the information for adding favorites using X1. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach  back out to us.




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: What happened to my Favorites?


ComcastCrystal wrote:

Hello CG_in_SF,

 

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. The XFINITY X1 guide allows you to filter your guide view to display only the types of channels you would like to see.

 

For information on adding channels to your Favorites list, see Add a Channel to Your Favorites in the X1 Guide.


That link doesn't work for me.

 

And I don't have the option to choose my Favorites channels on this URL, even though I am able to use Favorites on my X1 boxes.

 

https://tv.xfinity.com/listings




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: What happened to my Favorites?

Sorry that link did not work. Set up your favorite channels list in the XFINITY X1 guide with your remote by doing the following:

  1. On the remote, press the Guide button once to access the main guide.
  2. Navigate to the channel you wish to add to Favorites.
  3. Press the left arrow button on the remote to highlight the channel and press OK.
  4. Use the right arrow button to highlight Favorite.
  5. Press OK on the remote to add the channel as a favorite.

To remove the channel as a favorite, repeat these steps and choose Remove Favorite instead of Favorite.

After setting up your Favorites list, you can filter the guide to display only your favorite channels by doing the following:

  1. On the remote, press the Guide button twice to access the Select Guide View window. Here you can filter your guide by your preferred set of channels.
  2. Use the arrow buttons on the remote to select your guide view and press OK. Choose from:
    • All Channels
    • HD Channels
    • Favorites (shows channels which you have added to your favorites list)
    • Trending (shows currently trending popular programs)
    • Movies
    • Sports
    • Kids
  3. Use the arrow buttons to select a program and press OK.
    • The All Channels, HD Channels and Favorites views display the grid guide with just the channels included in the filter.
    • Trending, Movies, Sports and Kids provide a selection of programming to choose from.
      • Use the arrow buttons or the Page Up and Page Down buttons on the remote to view the available choices.
      • Highlight a program and press Info on the remote for more information or press OK to choose the program.



Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: What happened to my Favorites?


ComcastCrystal wrote:

Sorry that link did not work. Set up your favorite channels list in the XFINITY X1 guide with your remote by doing the following:

  1. On the remote, press the Guide button once to access the main guide.
  2. Navigate to the channel you wish to add to Favorites.
  3. Press the left arrow button on the remote to highlight the channel and press OK.
  4. Use the right arrow button to highlight Favorite.
  5. Press OK on the remote to add the channel as a favorite.

To remove the channel as a favorite, repeat these steps and choose Remove Favorite instead of Favorite.

After setting up your Favorites list, you can filter the guide to display only your favorite channels by doing the following:

  1. On the remote, press the Guide button twice to access the Select Guide View window. Here you can filter your guide by your preferred set of channels.
  2. Use the arrow buttons on the remote to select your guide view and press OK. Choose from:
    • All Channels
    • HD Channels
    • Favorites (shows channels which you have added to your favorites list)
    • Trending (shows currently trending popular programs)
    • Movies
    • Sports
    • Kids
  3. Use the arrow buttons to select a program and press OK.
    • The All Channels, HD Channels and Favorites views display the grid guide with just the channels included in the filter.
    • Trending, Movies, Sports and Kids provide a selection of programming to choose from.
      • Use the arrow buttons or the Page Up and Page Down buttons on the remote to view the available choices.
      • Highlight a program and press Info on the remote for more information or press OK to choose the program.

Those are instructions for the X1 box, correct?

 

I sure wish the web site Guide had Favorites.

 

https://tv.xfinity.com/listings




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: What happened to my Favorites?

Hello RobertyWy,

 

There is an option to create a favorites list on our website with the XFINITY TV grid on the left hand side.




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: What happened to my Favorites?


ComcastCrystal wrote:

Hello RobertyWy,

 

There is an option to create a favorites list on our website with the XFINITY TV grid on the left hand side.


That's true, but that link prompts me to use the NEW WAY to watch TV.  And the NEW WAY doesn't have a Favorites option.

 

I think it should have a Favorites options.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: What happened to my Favorites?

Hello RobertWy,

 

We always appreciate any suggestions that may make our services more convenient for our customers. Your feedback helps us to improve the services that we provide. I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department for consideration in a future update.

 




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: What happened to my Favorites?


ComcastCrystal wrote:

Hello RobertWy,

 

We always appreciate any suggestions that may make our services more convenient for our customers. Your feedback helps us to improve the services that we provide. I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department for consideration in a future update.

 


Thank you.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: What happened to my Favorites?

@RobertWy,

 

You're welcome. Thank you all for being valued Comcast customers.




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 679 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation