Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

What happened to SyFy and FX?

New Poster

What happened to SyFy and FX?

I was able to watch The Magicians and the Versace American Crime show less than a week ago. Now both channels appear to have been dropped. This seems bizarre, especially since a few days ago, the Versace show was an Xfinity 'editor's pick.' Anybody know what's up?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What happened to SyFy and FX?

What do you mean by dropped? Are they gone from the guide, or do you get an error message?
New Poster

They don't show up when searching under browse --> networks. SyFy isn't listed and FX isn't listed. They're simply not there anymore. I tried searching 'Magicians' in the search box and it says, Oops! No results at the moment. See screen shot. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 8.54.20 PM.png
New Poster

We also would like to know what happened to FX and the Versace story..Right im the middle of watching the series and it is nowhere to be found..I did notice 2 nights ago..On Demand presented a blank screen about 11pm..Was ok the next morning but still no FX..Please respond.
Valued Contributor

@Halbarad8 wrote:

I was able to watch The Magicians and the Versace American Crime show less than a week ago. Now both channels appear to have been dropped. This seems bizarre, especially since a few days ago, the Versace show was an Xfinity 'editor's pick.' Anybody know what's up?

When you key enter the channel numbers for those channels on the remote, they don't appear?

Bronze Problem Solver

@Halbarad8 wrote:

I see both networks on stream site and through cable box. The show Versace isn't available anymore, even on the FX stream site is says "Episodes are currently not available". The Magicians show I see on both site and cable box. Most likely a local problem, you could try calling support and asking them to refreash your account.

Regular Contributor

@buzxy1 wrote:
We also would like to know what happened to FX and the Versace story..Right im the middle of watching the series and it is nowhere to be found..I did notice 2 nights ago..On Demand presented a blank screen about 11pm..Was ok the next morning but still no FX..Please respond.

Is it possible what you were watching was only part of the Watchathon, and now that it's over, it's been removed.

New Poster

I don't believe so..To watch Versace I went to TV .then "start from the beginning " site , found Versace and started watching..Will call Comcast to see what may have happened..I think something occurred a few nights ago when On Demand went completely blank..Thanks for the responses.
Problem Solver

@Halbarad8 wrote:

Did you have both of these channels before?  Or did you just get to watch them because of "Watchathon" week?

New Poster

An answer to the FX Versace series

I spoke to Comcast..The Versace series thru American Crime Story is actually a part of FXPlus..Little did I know when I started watching the Versace series that this was a trial timeframe..At no point did a msg appear that this was a time trial..Now,if I want to complete the series I must sign up for FX+ and pay 5.99/mo..Come on Comcast..I pay enough a month now without this hassle..The promo I was on has expired..Will have to make some decisions it seems.Thanks again to all who responded.
Problem Solver

Can you find them on On Demand linear (regular) cable? Are the channels showing there?

Availability of channels is different in both services: linear cable, or steaming service.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation