Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

What do I pay for anymore?

New Poster

What do I pay for anymore?

Why isn't Orphan Black available online anymore? I watched it last week, and now it says that I need a BBC America subscription. 

Regular Contributor

Re: What do I pay for anymore?

Judging by other people who have posted about the "You need a subscription" problem, there's something wrong with your account or the way it is now setup. ComcastJoe responded to several people with "I've sent you a private message with information" and so we don't know for sure what they were told. In at least one case someone posted that they called customer support and support did something and the show that was giving them the error started working again but the next day the problem was back.

Try calling support, sorry I can't be of more help.

- Norm

Regular Contributor

Sorry, one other thing. I'm sorry to say that BBC America does not offer episodes of their shows directly from their own website but for any regular network i.e. ABC, NBC, CBS and many cable networks FX, USA etc you can go right to the networks site and usual stream from there without problems.

- Norm

New Poster

I guess I'll have to call Comcast. Smiley Sad Thanks for your help!!

New Poster

I've been having an issue getting into HBO. I even went as far as to subscribe for the additional $9.99/mo but have not been able to login either way.

I worked for 40 minutes over the phone with a tech but he couldn't figure it out. I complained to a service rep but she got defensive and mentioned that, " because it's free there can be no credits for your inconvenience." She doesn't realise that HBO is the only network that has value to me and that the $70/mo we shell out as customers is our cost- independent of what's provided, subscribeable, etc.

Anyway- the problem revolves around trying to access an hbo show. I attempt to watch it. The message tells me I must be subscribed and after a couple more clicks I am logged out and unable to watch the particular program. Prior to Tuesday my account would eventually be recognized as being subscribed and I could watch the network without issue.

Is there anything I can do on my end? My issue was left unresolved and I value my time a little too much to risk another hour on the phone with a rep who is usually ill-prepared to field this particular question.

Regular Contributor

Hi Adam:

You said "I've been having an issue getting into HBO. I even went as far as to subscribe for the additional $9.99/mo but have not been able to login either way.", I'm sorry but if you didn't have a subscription then I don't see how you could expect to be able to watch HBO which is a subscription only channel.

That said, if you now have a subscription to HBO and you are still getting a message that says you don't have a subscription then that's a Comcast issue. If you take a look at this thread: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/ABC-is-not-a-part-of-your-subscriptions/td-p/1989101 there are a number of people reporting the "Abcxyz is not part of your subscriptions" and in several cases the Comcast representative says "It does looke like there might be something wrong with your account, so I've forwarded that onto the proper group to get it resolved.". So if you didn't have any luck with phone support you may want to post on this thread and request that ComcastDaniel take a look at your problem or send him a private message.

One other thing you can try, HBO does allow you to watch episodes directly from their website. Go to the HBO website and find the show you're trying to watch and you will be asked to select your provider so select Comcast Xfinity and login with your credentials and see if you are able to watch.

- Norm

New Poster

Thanks for the response. HBO is included in the package I currently have with Comcast and it worked just fine (relatively speaking) since December 26, 2013 when I activated the account. Since Tuesday, however, the HBO network has been locked. This is why I tried to 'subscribe'. However, this was unsuccessful because my account already includes HBO- oh the irony! Smiley Wink

Thanks for forwarding the issue to someone that may be able to fix it. As of 5 minutes ago it's still locked. Also, regarding HBOGO.COM. Comcast now automatically forwards viewers using Comcast/Xfinity directly to the home portal so I'd need a different internet provider to watch HBOGO directly on their website (perhaps this is the problem?  no one I've spoken to in tech support seems to be aware of this latest update). 

Regular Contributor

Hi Adam:

I'm sorry but I'm just another guy here making suggestions and I didn't forward this to anyone. You can hope that ComcastDaniel sees this thread and takes action or you can post in the thread I gave the link to since he should be monitoring that or you can private message him. To send him a private message go to that or any thread he's posted in and click on his name and then on that page scroll down and click on the "Send this user a private message" link. You should include as many details as possible.

In regards to "regarding HBOGO.COM. Comcast now automatically forwards viewers using Comcast/Xfinity directly to the home portal so I'd need a different internet provider to watch HBOGO directly on their website", I've never seen that and it seems strange to me. For example, I can go to the HBO website; go to series and I select Game of Thrones; at some point HBO asks me to signin and I select Comcast Xfinity as my provider and I guess since I'm already logged into the Xfinity site it never asks me for a password; then I just select the episode I want and it plays; the url shows that I'm at www.hbogo.com so I'm never in any way forced back to the Xfinity site. I suggest you try again and see if you have any better luck.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation