Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Web site and TV App Free space at 100% - DVR showing 50%

Frequent Visitor

Web site and TV App Free space at 100% - DVR showing 50%

I am not sure if the free space online should match what my DVR is reading.  It is not even close.  With everything deleted, they both read 0%.  As things recorded the percentage on my DVR was at 50%, BUT the online app and web xtv web browser show used space at 100%.  Even so, shows are syncing and everything is recording normally.  Is this a known bug?  I did have a bunch of syncing issues back in October.  A tech had to delete things and "Sync" the online shows with what was on the dvr.  I am thinking there may be some ghost programming left on the internet side taking up space and causing a false reading.  I can contact tech support if it is indeed supposed to match % wise.

Tags (3)
Admin1

Re: Web site and TV App Free space at 100% - DVR showing 50%

Hi SBatterson1970 -- Are you still seeing this happening or has this issue been cleared up? 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I deleted some things and the online free space is no longer at 100%.  I am pretty sure once I start recording more it will be back up there.  But even so, the DVR free space listed at the DVR is always less than waht is listed at the web site or the x1 TV app.  Sometimes a 50 % difference.  I have done everything I could think of from my side. 

Admin1

What I'm seeing is a mismatch between physical recordings and cloud recordings. One is showing having more things to record than the other does. That would cause that difference to happen. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

OK, how do I fix. I only schedule things from the DVR.
Frequent Visitor

I checked My DVR scheduled programs.  They are showing exactly what is scheduled on my online App/XTV website.  HUGE difference in useage, DVR is 56% Full with 84 scheduled programs.  Online app useage shows 100% Full.  I saw one shw with differences between scheduled online and scheduled through DVR and unscheduled it.  Why should it matter though?  Those seem to sync regardless of where I schedule them.  If I delete one online, then it gets deleted from the dvr for example.  Again, maybe I am confused on how this should work.  Is the online useage meter somehow different from the DVR useage meter?  And what should it matter on where it is scheduled?

Problem Solver

hat DVR do you currently have? You can check by clicking Xfinity button - Gear Icon (settings) - About. Look at STB Version.

Mine is a PX001AN, which is a Pace XG1v1. That means I only have 5 tuners available for recording. In other words I can only record 5 shows to the physical DVR at one time, but I can record 6 shows to the Cloud DVR at that same time. I then can get a mismatch between the Cloud DVR and the physical DVR.

However, even with that being said, I currently only have 5 recordings on both my physical DVR, and the same 5 recordings on my Cloud DVR, yet my physical DVR says 5% Full, while my Cloud DVR says 7% Full. Obviously, the more recordings that are saved, the bigger the gap in "% Full" will grow.  This might have to do with how the files are compressed between the 2 storage media, but only Comcast would know that.

I have also been plagued by scheduling differences between the physical and Cloud DVR. I will schedule a bunch of shows to record for the week (I usually use the online guide at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings to schedule my recordings). Every now and then, a bunch of the "One Time" scheduled recordings will disappear from the Cloud DVR schedule, but will still show on the physical DVR schedule, forcing me to reschedule the shows through the XTV web guide, or else miss having the show record to the Cloud.

So yeah, I feel your pain and ask the same question as you, why "should it matter on where it is scheduled?"

Admin1

An X1 support agent gave you call on 4/27. She said she left her contact information. Were you able to get in contact with her? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

I checked My DVR scheduled programs.  They are showing exactly what is scheduled on my online App/XTV website.  HUGE difference in useage, DVR is 56% Full with 84 scheduled programs.  Online app useage shows 100% Full.  I saw one shw with differences between scheduled online and scheduled through DVR and unscheduled it.  Why should it matter though?  Those seem to sync regardless of where I schedule them.  If I delete one online, then it gets deleted from the dvr for example.  Again, maybe I am confused on how this should work.  Is the online useage meter somehow different from the DVR useage meter?  And what should it matter on where it is scheduled?

I have this exact same problem. . I ONLY record on my DVR box, but watch on my IPAD. .my dvr is at 47% and my Xfinity tv app on my ipad or iphone is over 80%.  When I watch a show and delete it, it goes from both places. .but on the app I have many more recordings and cant delete them. .   What is the solution?

Service Expert

painterfam wrote:

I have this exact same problem. . I ONLY record on my DVR box, but watch on my IPAD. .my dvr is at 47% and my Xfinity tv app on my ipad or iphone is over 80%.  When I watch a show and delete it, it goes from both places. .but on the app I have many more recordings and cant delete them. .   What is the solution?

Comcast has stated that there IS a reporting issue between physical DVR and Cloud at this time and the X1 Engineers are looking into this....

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Contributor

Abut why is the cloud even recording things that aren't scheduled on my Dvr?  

and this may be an 'ongoing' problem, but its getting worse . .I'm now at almost 90% on my XfinityApp, its hard to find the shows I want to watch and also, Im concerned what happens when the app reaches 100% despite my actual dvr only have 30%.  There has to be a way to resolve this. 

Contributor

Im still having the issue 2 months later .. and its getting worse. . hasnt there been any solutions found to getting programs off the cloud part of the DVR?
Problem Solver

No solution to your problem, but I do have a question.  Why do you say you can't delete some recordings from the Cloud DVR?  Do you get an error message when trying to delete?  The recordings that don't delete, can they be played through the XTV portal or Xfinity TV app, or do they error out when trying to play?

painterfam wrote:
Im still having the issue 2 months later .. and its getting worse. . hasnt there been any solutions found to getting programs off the cloud part of the DVR?
Contributor

Since Im now up to 100% full on my Xfinity TV app and only at 20% on my cable box, Im hoping someone has figured this out.

1.  When I go to the program there is no option to 'delete' . .only watch, record options and download

2.  Yes, on the Xfinity TV app I can play them

Im assuming that as new things record on my actual box . .these realy old shows will 'self delete', but its frustrating that there are multiple posts by me and others . .and never has a solution or even an explanation been offered

Service Expert

painterfam wrote:

Since Im now up to 100% full on my Xfinity TV app and only at 20% on my cable box, Im hoping someone has figured this out.

1.  When I go to the program there is no option to 'delete' . .only watch, record options and download

2.  Yes, on the Xfinity TV app I can play them

Im assuming that as new things record on my actual box . .these realy old shows will 'self delete', but its frustrating that there are multiple posts by me and others . .and never has a solution or even an explanation been offered

Once, I had about 50 recordings in the Cloud that I had deleted from my DVR.  I had to delete the Cloud recordings to free up space on the Cloud.

It was easy to tell which ones they were because they were at least 9 months old.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.