Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Web TV Listings - many examples of overlapped shows

Regular Contributor

Web TV Listings - many examples of overlapped shows

I have noticed (because they are pretty obvious) a lot of listings for shows that have overlaps (i.e., the same show listed overlapping itself or different shows overlapping themselves).  This REALLY needs to be fixed.  Below I am going to describe a new one (9pm Feb 5 on ABC HD) and relist several from earlier times.  All of these are for the 94087 zip (Sunnyvale).

9pm, Feb 5, ABC HD:  The Bachelor (9-11pm) which is correct.  Overlapped by Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23 (9:30-10pm) and Body of Proof (10-11pm). 

Feb 3 on AMC: Evidently there is a Walking Dead marathon on AMC HD in zip 94087.  There are many listings of the show that are overlapped.  For example, in the time from 3pm to 8pm the show is listed about 13 times with lots of overlapping.  Thirteen times in 5 hours!!!!!

Feb 3 on CBS: 

Super Bowl XLVII :  3:25pm - 7pm on CBS  (that's correct)

Super Vowl XLVII :  3:30pm - 7pm on CBS (Big overlap with the 3:25 listing)

Jan 30 on FX - The Americans: 

The pilot of The Americans is a 97 minute show scheduled to show at 10pm, 11:30pm, 11:37pm, 1am and 1:14am.  Clearly the 11:30 and 1am listings are wrong and heavily overlap the correct showings.  The 10pm and 11:30pm shows are listed as 90 minutes (wrong).  The 11:37 show is listed as 97 mins and the 1:14 show is listed as 96 (not 97) minutes.

There are other examples I could list but I think the above indicates a real issue with the listings.

When I see things like that I check ZAP2IT.  They always have it right.  I'm not sure but I think the listings provided through the Guide on the Comcast DVR gets it right too.

--Larry

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: Web TV Listings - many examples of overlapped shows

Here's another example from Feb 5, 8-11m on KQEDH (in zip 94087):

8-9:30pm: Silicon Valley: American Experience (correct)

9-10:30pm: Silicon Valley: American Experience (not correct-overlaps)

9:30-11pm: Something Ventured/Capitalists (correct)

10:30-11pm: Mysterious Lost State of Franklin (very incorrect)

Amazing!

--Larry

Silver Problem Solver

you are sure you are selecting the correct zip code and the correct comcast area for that zip code?   can you give an example from today so I can check the listings here to see if its a universal issue or just something in your area?

Regular Contributor

Yes, I have the correct zip and cable version.  I'm also logged in so I can see my favorite channels listed first, etc.   Even if I had the wrong zip the program listings should not everlap each other.  

Also, in the example I gave for Feb 5 on ABC HD, neither of the shows that overlapped the correct one are even on TV at this time of year.  Here's the example I gave for Feb 5:

9pm, Feb 5, ABC HD:  The Bachelor (9-11pm) which is correct.  Overlapped by Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23 (9:30-10pm) and Body of Proof (10-11pm). 

"Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" was cancelled some time ago and is not on anywhere.  "Body of Proof" has not started its season yet and there are no reruns happening around this time.  So those listings are just junk.

Now for an example from today, Feb 6 on FX (cable 36) and FX HD (cable 741).  Interestingly, the listings on ch 36 are more correct than the ones for ch 741.

On FX HD (ch 741) at 10pm Feb 6:

"The Americans" (66 minute show) listed as 10 -11pm.  So the listing is 6 minutes short.  TBD is shown running from 11 - 11:06pm -- presumably this is the missing 6 minute piece of The Americans.

"The Americans" is listed as 11:06pm - 12:11am (this is correct).

"Justified" is listed as 12:11 - 1:11am (correct).

"The Americans" is listed as 1-2am (incorrect - overlaps tail of Justified and isn't long enough).

"Ultimate Fighter" is listed as 2-3am (incorrect if it overlaps the end of The Americans).

"Ultimate Fighter" is listed as 2:16-3:15am (probably the correct listing but on the grid it overlaps the 2-3am Ultimate Fighter".  

On FX ch 36, the listings are similar but slightly different.  The 10pm and 11:06 listings for The Americans are shown correctly.  Justified at 12:11 and The Americans at 1am are incorrect as in the ch 741 listings.  And the two Ultimate Fighter listings at 2am and 2:16am are also wrong.

--Larry

Regular Contributor

Hello rog286713!  

What did you see when you checked out the info I provided?

Curious minds want to know!!

--Larry

Regular Contributor

Hello rog286713 -- Did you check out the example I provided?  Did anyone else?

I've noticed that the overlapping listings seem to happen most with programs that are a different length like 61 or 66 or 97 minutes.  The non-multiple of 30 minutes is not handled well.

--Larry

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation