Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

We're unable to detect your in-home XFINITY network

New Poster

When I go to this page https://xtv.comcast.net I get this message. 

First time using XFINITY TV or X1 DVR on this device? You must be on your in-home XFINITY network.

I am on my home Network, I even have the X1 box plugged into my switch. It is on my network.

The app produces the same message.

I do not have the XFINITY Wireless Modem ( it was inadequate) I am currently using a Motorola SB Modem with a Netgear and a  Dlink as an extender.

I  also attmepted to connect this  when I had the XFINITY Wireless Modem (for those few days).. still the same message. We're unable to detect your in-home XFINITY network

I live in SW Florida,  I assume the service is available here?

Thank You

Contributor

Re: We're unable to detect your in-home XFINITY network

I get the same this here. I was told by one of the tech people (of course that isn't always reliable) that it's because you are using your own modem. I use mine own too. You don't really need if you are just trying to pair your iPad or iPhone to the X1. Just use the TV to Go App and it should pair up. I can also control it with the Voice Control App.

mickspac wrote:

When I go to this page https://xtv.comcast.net I get this message. 

First time using XFINITY TV or X1 DVR on this device? You must be on your in-home XFINITY network.

I am on my home Network, I even have the X1 box plugged into my switch. It is on my network.

The app produces the same message.

I do not have the XFINITY Wireless Modem ( it was inadequate) I am currently using a Motorola SB Modem with a Netgear and a  Dlink as an extender.

I  also attmepted to connect this  when I had the XFINITY Wireless Modem (for those few days).. still the same message. We're unable to detect your in-home XFINITY network

I live in SW Florida,  I assume the service is available here?

Thank You

New Poster

I  also attmepted to connect this  when I had the XFINITY Wireless Modem .

I have all the apps X1 remote, XFINITY My Account, XFINITY TV, XFINITY TV Go, XFINITY Streampix,

they all work fine except this one XFINITY TV which is specific to My Personal DVR. even the HBO Go works fine. 

They really need to give me a Cable Card for my PC's TV tuner card ,   then I can handle this myself..

Thanks for trying anyway.. 

Contributor

mickspac wrote:

I  also attmepted to connect this  when I had the XFINITY Wireless Modem .

I have all the apps X1 remote, XFINITY My Account, XFINITY TV, XFINITY TV Go, XFINITY Streampix,

they all work fine except this one XFINITY TV which is specific to My Personal DVR. even the HBO Go works fine. 

They really need to give me a Cable Card for my PC's TV tuner card ,   then I can handle this myself..

Thanks for trying anyway.. 

Well if it makes you feel any better, the whole reason I am even on this board tonight is because the remote to hubby's tv upstairs will not pair with the companion box (the non-DVR X1 box, whatever they call that). It was working. Then stupid me, I tried to add his TV code per the instructions on Comcast Site. Now it won't work at all. Tech support couldn't help me either. So tomorrow I have to drive over 1/2 hour one way just to get the stupid thing replaced! We've only had X1 for one week and they still don't have my billing right! If it weren't for ESPN and Nascar, I'd return it all and go with an antenna and Roku! Grrrrr!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation