Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

We hate Comcast

New Poster

We hate Comcast

Our family were AT&T customers for many years. We RARELY had any problems with our service & when our DVR did fail one time, they had someone there to repair it in 2 hours. We were told that switching to XFINITY would save us $ & that we would have better EVERYTHING. However, everything is worse. A lot worse! + our new XFINITY service isn't any cheaper than our old AT&T account. Just to let you know, we don't have basic service with XFINITY but have an equivilent product lineup to our old AT&T account. 1. Our "Internet speed" is slower than AT&T. 2. Unlike our old AT&T wifi, XFINITY doesn't cover our entire 1500 square foot home. (We have the router in exactly the same location.) 3. We cannot preview channels on the XFINITY guide like we could with AT&T. (You never know if you're going to get to watch the channel we select until after you select it.) 4. We had channels that we watched regularly on our AT&T service that we can't get on XFINITY. 5. We could push one button  on our remote & switch between two channels with AT&T (great for watching two ball games).  Now we have to go through several steps to switch between two channels. 6. The service cuts out about once a week for no apparent reason & then spends about 10 minutes restarting. If you were recording anything, that period of time is just "lost".  AT&T  never did this... 7. Installation was supposed to be quick & we were supposed to get a "gift card" for switching from AT&T to XFINITY but when I asked about the card after our installation, we were told that we'd have to wait several months & that we'd need to call or email them & remind them. XFINITY hot spots? Try to connect to one. We are rarely able to find one & the first time that we did, connecting to it took all of my skills. (I started working with computers before there was DOS.) 9.. Over the years, the VERY few problems we had with AT&T were handled promptly & in a professional & courteous manner. XFINTY (Comcast) has basically given our family their middle finger.  I could go on but I am going to stop now. I believe that I have shared enough. We cannot wait to get back to AT&T. We're advising everyone who will listen to switch to AT&T or, if they already have AT&T, to avoid XFINITY at all  costs. In all my life, I've never dealt with a worse company or, when it comes to our home internet & TV service, a poorer service.  

Problem Solver

Re: We hate Comcast

So I am confused, why did you switch?  Because you thought you would save a few dollars? Did someone have a gun to your head forcing you to switch from AT&T?  I think the fault only lies with you for not researching Comcast prior to switching from AT&T.

New Poster

HowAboutThisOne, Thanx for reading my post & taking your time to write a response. I'm not planning to reply to "posts" but since you asked some valid questions that I obviously didn't make clear in what I wrote, I will respond this time. We switched to XFINITY because of $ as we were told that we'd save a lot of it. My wife & I work several jobs in an effort to make ends meet &, for us, trying to save every dollar that we can is important. We also switched because we were told that we'd have better/faster service & we trusted our information sources. We've read many complaints about AT&T & about Comcast. However, we based our decision on what we were told by those we knew, who seemed to be reliable and local sources. We have let these individuals know that we have not shared their + Comcast experience &, for us, the information that they provided to us was bogus. The misinformation has no impacted our relationships with these people. It just one of life's experiences. I am hoping that by sharing with others, we will prevent them from making the same mistake.  I do accept full responsibility for our error.  `8-{)>

Problem Solver

As the expression goes "You get what you pay for".  Obviously the cheaper service meant lower quality for your situation.  At least you have a choice for service.  Most of us are at the mercy of Comcast's monopoly.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation