Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Watchlist, favorites

New Poster

Watchlist, favorites

I know I am late to the party but have they confirmed the watch & fav lists are PERMANENTLY removed b/c the "For You" section doesn't come close to being an adequate replacement. Also, perhaps they can share these "updates" w/the call center b/c I had to walk a rep through two updates myself!! No words
Official Employee

Re: Watchlist, favorites

Jhnyc wrote:
I know I am late to the party but have they confirmed the watch & fav lists are PERMANENTLY removed b/c the "For You" section doesn't come close to being an adequate replacement. Also, perhaps they can share these "updates" w/the call center b/c I had to walk a rep through two updates myself!! No words

We recently added the ability to select and filter upon favorite channels in the Live TV: All Listings section of the website and apps.  Watchlist will be added in an upcoming release.  For You will also be continuing to evolve. 

Can you be more specific about what you would like "For You" section to include?  Appreciate the feedback.

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Been waiting forever for a replacement for the MOST USEFUL watchlist. Thought I would tag onto another thread since the promises have been empyy.

I used this to quickly see what shows had episodes I had missed and wanted to see and went directly to.

Nothing has replaced this feature.

Sad.

Regular Contributor

Have not seen anything anywhere on updates to Watchlist so thought I would post to see if I missed it.

And in case there is any confusion about what I miss, its the ability to add a show or series to a list that I can keep or edit, then check to see if I missed episodes and call them up on demand. For example, if I go on a trip and miss an Episode of Survisor, I want to know and do On Demand. On the other hand, there may have been a special that dispaced an episode and I now know I do not have anything to catch up on.

Anything being done here at all? Dan?

Thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver

Rebop2015 wrote:

Have not seen anything anywhere on updates to Watchlist so thought I would post to see if I missed it.

And in case there is any confusion about what I miss, its the ability to add a show or series to a list that I can keep or edit, then check to see if I missed episodes and call them up on demand. For example, if I go on a trip and miss an Episode of Survisor, I want to know and do On Demand. On the other hand, there may have been a special that dispaced an episode and I now know I do not have anything to catch up on.

Anything being done here at all? Dan?

Thanks.

Yes, favorites has beed added. Go to show info and click "add to favorites". You can find your favorites under saved.

Untitled1.pngUntitled.png

Regular Contributor

I don't see anything like this either under On Demand nor Live TV. And waht is it supposed to sdo? Show missed episodes?

Please totally exlain where to find this.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Found it. Needed to hit Series Info.

Now not sure what that does for me.

Bronze Problem Solver

Rebop2015 wrote:

Found it. Needed to hit Series Info.

Now not sure what that does for me.

Now its in your favorites list under saved. Once there, when you click on one, it brings you to the shows episodes page..

Regular Contributor

So instead of a Watchlist where I could see all shows I was following, I now have to click one at a time to see if I maybe missed an episode. Not the same thing nor as useful.

I had a feature I relied on that worked as intended and now replaced with one that could be more hassle to use than its value.

Maybe I am the only one. Maybe not.

~Bob

Bronze Problem Solver

Rebop2015 wrote:

So instead of a Watchlist where I could see all shows I was following, I now have to click one at a time to see if I maybe missed an episode. Not the same thing nor as useful.

I had a feature I relied on that worked as intended and now replaced with one that could be more hassle to use than its value.

Maybe I am the only one. Maybe not.

~Bob

No you're not the only one. The new site has made everything harder to use or not possible at all. I'm still waiting for the ability to change the channel on my cable boxes like we used to.

Regular Contributor

Any update on the promised IMPROVED WatchList from over a year ago guys? Or are you hoping we would forget?

I am sure I have messages from Comcast employees promising this for Oct 2016 Smiley Happy

Update?

~Bob

Bronze Problem Solver

Rebop2015 wrote:

Any update on the promised IMPROVED WatchList from over a year ago guys? Or are you hoping we would forget?

I am sure I have messages from Comcast employees promising this for Oct 2016 Smiley Happy

Update?

~Bob

The watch list is now called Favorites (not to be confused with Favorite Channels).

Goto Series info of a show, click "Add to Favorites". The goto menu Saved - Favorites

Untitled1.pngUntitled.png

Regular Contributor

Thanks, but not the same at all. No way to see what episodes I missed as there once was.

~Bob

Bronze Problem Solver

Rebop2015 wrote:

Thanks, but not the same at all. No way to see what episodes I missed as there once was.

~Bob

Nope, now you have to got to series episodes page to see what was or wasn't watched

New Poster

So Comcast, when are you going to give us back the functionality we had with the Watchlist?  I don't want to know what my favorite shows are.  I want to know when there is a new episode of my favorite shows, without having to open each show and seeing if an unwatched on demand title is available.  

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation