Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Watching xfinity from phone on smart tv

New Poster

Watching xfinity from phone on smart tv

I have a smart tv in bedroom, but no cablebox connected. How do I pull up xfinity app on phone or tablet (android), and stream/cast to tv wireless? I don't want to pay for cable box or laptop to connect as it's my daughter's room/ guest room and she's off in college and room only gets used occasionally. It is on my home network.
If this can't be done, how do I do this wireless (ie... different brand tv, Chromecast, roku, PS3...)
I've been beating my head agaInst wall trying to make this happen! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Watching xfinity from phone on smart tv

smiling_big2000 wrote:
I have a smart tv in bedroom, but no cablebox connected. How do I pull up xfinity app on phone or tablet (android), and stream/cast to tv wireless? I don't want to pay for cable box or laptop to connect as it's my daughter's room/ guest room and she's off in college and room only gets used occasionally. It is on my home network.
If this can't be done, how do I do this wireless (ie... different brand tv, Chromecast, roku, PS3...)
I've been beating my head agaInst wall trying to make this happen! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Casting or mirriring from the streaming app is blocked by xf. The only way to get streaming from xf to a tv is using a pc and the streaming web site with hdmi cable or casting harrdware, or using a roku with the roku app

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation