New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Watching tv on my pc

Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

In the past I have been able to watch some favorite TV shows on ABC.com by connecting my laptop to my TV.  I have Xfinity internet, but I do not have Xfinity tv package.  I know I can't stream the tv shows live, but I don't mind watching them at a later date.  When I would click on 'watch now' on my pc, I would get a prompt to select my internet provider.  I would click on Xfinity and I was to good to go.

yesterday, when I tried to do this, I got a message "The network you are trying to watch - TV Everywhere - must be part of your Xfinity TV service".  I then got a prompt to upgrade to Xfinity tv  package.  What has changed?  Does Xfinity no longer allow you to watch TV shows on your pc without their TV package?  What is hard to understand is that the message refers to my Xfinity tv service.  Huh...I don't have an Xfinity TV service.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 2

They must be getting more strict with enforcement of the requirement you need TV service with a cable/satellite provider to watch just aired content.  You should be able to watch shows that are older than 1 week without having to sign in.  Anything to nickel and dime the consumer.