Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Watching live tv on computer or iPad

New Poster

Watching live tv on computer or iPad

I have both internet and tv service but I only have a computer and ipad ...no tv.  I wish to watch live tv on both the computer (Mac) and ipad.  I wish to find my channel lstings ...see what is currently on tv and watch the program from either the computer or ipad.  

I have tried to do this from my computer by going to the xfinity site ...signing in to my account..no luck.

I have tried to do this from the ipad... downloaded tv2go.... no luck.  

I have called comcast a number of times and talked to a number of people.. with mixed messages.. some say I had to activate a tv (which I don't have at this time) before it would work.   Others said I didn't need a tv to do this and can on my computer and ipad.

A comcast person was supposed to come to the house to set things up ...never came.

Would appreciate step by step instructions on how to do what I wish to do.

THank you,

Official Employee

Re: Watching live tv on computer or iPad

Your cable box needs to be activated for your entitled to watch online.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

One comcast person I was talking to said this... and the help to call back to help me do so without a tv did not call back... then a person was scheduled to come out.... no show.    Later talked to another comcast person who said no ...not needed... he activated it... but nothing works yet.

I don't know how it was activiated when the whole setup is still in the box.

I can't get someone to give me a straight answer and/or follow through to get it resolved.

I have called many times and on hold long periods of time.. with different answers ... and still no progress.

Very very dissappointed in customer service through comcast.

New Poster

Do you need a tv to activate the box.. I guess is the question.  I was told I don't need a tv.. I can use my computer to watch live tv... so that gives me the impression I can activate the box somehow via the computer... although I don't see instructions to do so.  I have a Mac Air with no tv related connections.

Problem Solver

I would guess it could be possible to activate the box without a TV. Hook up your cable box to the cable outlet and call in to get it activated.  The problem is if your signal is bad you wouldn't be able to tell, and then the box might not activate. Do you have a computer monitor you could temporarily hook up to perform the activation? If all else fails, go buy a cheap TV, activate your cable box, then return the TV. I'm sure the stores love when people do that.

New Poster

Not yet resolved.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation