New to the Community? Start here.
That would be a code issue on your account.
The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will follow up next business week.
Watch this post and your email for updates from the team.
If you need it fixed sooner, then please call Comcast support and see if the agent can get it straightened out. 1800comcast.
I'm having the same issue, with any cable channel, Discovery, stars etc. It states I need a subscribtion to watch? Did they add a new fee, plus what I already pay every month?
There's no new fee, it's all about the codes on your account needing fixing.
I called comcast and they suggested I close my browser and reopen it and log into xfinity again and it resolved my issues. It took a few times doing it to fully work on all the cable channels. It seems to be working fine after I did this. So anyone else having this issue should try this and see if it works for you also.
1. Log out of Xfinity TV.
2. Clear out your cache, cookies and temp files in your browser.
3. Close your browser window.
4. Log back in and make sure your using your primary user name/primary email address.
5. Try playing a movie, if your still having issues try another browser IE or firefox.
6. If that those steps fail please follow up with me so that I can investigate further. I have refreshed everything on your accounts and it should be working.
Just a note: if you plan to stream TV programming, keep an eye on your data usage. Comcast has a 250GB per month limit, We started streaming Netflix and tv.comcast. Between that and 2 xboxes and a few computers in the house, we soared past our limit the first month. This was before we realized there was a limit.
Now I keep an eye on our usage, and have found that we can only stream about 2 hours per day.
Maybe Comcast will eventually realize that streaming is the future and capping usage is archaic. But until then, watch your back or they will cancel your service for 12 months.