members

online now

discussions

WatchEspn iPhone App

ANSWERED
Official Employee

Re: WatchEspn iPhone App

ESPN12 wrote:

I haven't even tried to watch any program yet. I can't even login on the app because when i click on the providers and choose comcast and try to give my comcast ID and password, it says my Xfinity subscription does not include it. I have ESPN and ESPN2 and ESPN U through the digital silver package of xfinity tv. So the problem isnt what i am trying to watch. I can't even login at all with my Comcast ID!

Can you please private message me your comcast.net e-mail address so I can further look into this?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Robster2001 wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

What kind of trouble are you having?

On my iPod Touch, authentication is failing - I am able to type in my Xfinity user name and password, but wind up on a page indicating that adobepass.ios.app won't load

Fortunately, WatchESPN is working just fine on my computer (although, as the customer above me indicated, Firefox isn't playing nice with the site - I'm using Google Chrome).

I had the same issue, where I received a DNS error that adobepass.ios.app cannot be found.   I found out that this  is because I was using Open DNS as my DSN server.   Apparently, at least for now, this will only work if you are using a Comcast DNS server to resolve the adobepass website.    Once I switched back to the Comcast DNS server, this worked fine without having to reinstall.

Frequent Visitor

http://adobepass.ios.app/ That's the outcome of trying to log in to Comcast. How do I fix this problem with watch espn app on iPad?
Contributor

Nathelie wrote:
http://adobepass.ios.app/ That's the outcome of trying to log in to Comcast. How do I fix this problem with watch espn app on iPad?

As noted above, you have to be using Comcast's DNS servers in order for the iOS application to authenticate properly -- otherwise, you get the error message that adobepass.ios.app can't be found.

It's as simple as temporarily adding the DNS addresses of 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76 into the DNS line of the network settings screen for your network (in the iOS Settings app) long enough to authenticate, then removing them. 

Frequent Visitor

I did temporarily add the Comcast DSN. It worked yesterday, it was authenticated, had the Xfinity logo showing. I removed it and replaced with original DSN, everything was working fine. Today I tried and had been logged out of the app so had to log in again. Getting the adobe pass error again.
New Poster

I'm at home, using my iphone via wireless.  I'm a Comcast subscriber using Comcast internet.  I'm getting the same error message via OpenDNS that adobepass.ios.app is not working.  I'm wondering if there is a conflict with my parental blocking.  problem is that i cannot add the domain "adobepass.ios.app" to OpenDNS whitelist as it's not a real domain name.

Contributor

yahoobenyahoo wrote:

I'm at home, using my iphone via wireless.  I'm a Comcast subscriber using Comcast internet.  I'm getting the same error message via OpenDNS that adobepass.ios.app is not working.  I'm wondering if there is a conflict with my parental blocking.  problem is that i cannot add the domain "adobepass.ios.app" to OpenDNS whitelist as it's not a real domain name.

My experience was that you have to use Comcast DNS long enough to authenticate.

You can easily do so by temporarily changing the DNS server addresses on your iPhone's WiFi settings to "75.75.75.75,75.75.76.76", then going to the WatchESPN app and authenticating, then going back to the WiFi settings to put back your original DNS entry. 

New Poster

My experience was that you have to use Comcast DNS long enough to authenticate.   You can easily do so by temporarily changing the DNS server addresses on your iPhone's WiFi settings to "75.75.75.75,75.75.76.76", then going to the WatchESPN app and authenticating, then going back to the WiFi settings to put back your original DNS entry. 
New Poster

Tried putting in those DNS settings into the iPad. But I still keep getting Adobe ios pass error.
Contributor

danielhohler100 wrote:
Tried putting in those DNS settings into the iPad. But I still keep getting Adobe ios pass error.

You're out beyond the tinkering I had to do.

You may have to temporarily adjust the settings on your router to use Comcast DNS - that was going to be my next step if changing the iOS settings hadn't worked.

Clearly, though, alternative DNS providers don't have a router to the Adobe authentication site -- I suspect this isn't the last we're going to hear of this, as TV Everywhere grows and Adobe remains the primary authentication provider...

New Poster

I'm having the same problem myself and can't get it to work. I'm not familiar with OpenDNS so I don't know what might have caused this but it seems like Comcast needs to fix this on their end since the issue is pretty widespread.
Contributor

I'm not sure how it's Comcast's fault if you choose to use a DNS provider other than Comcast.  After all, if you've chosen to use a non-Comcast DNS provider, it's up to that DNS service (whether it's OpenDNS, Google DNS, Level 3, or someone else) to fix this.

You need to check your DNS settings, both for your iOS device and your network.

If you don't know how to check your DNS settings, call your favorite techie.  That varies depending on how your network is set up -- it might be on your cable modem, or your wireless router.

If you're not using Comcast DNS, switch to it and try to authenticate your WatchESPN app again.

If you are using Comcast DNS, call Comcast.  At this point, it is their problem.

Frequent Visitor

Wow, nice to see forward progress of note. Works fine on iPad. Now, if we could just get two-way service. Cheers.
New Poster

I can't believe you are force-feeding us Apple products to get a service that should be available to all Comcast customers

Contributor

katakatak wrote:

I can't believe you are force-feeding us Apple products to get a service that should be available to all Comcast customers

Er... what?

The fact that WatchESPN for Android is not updated is ESPN's fault, not Comcast's.  It is an ESPN app, after all.

New Poster

I just downloaded the WatchESPN APP from the iTunes app store on my iPhone. It works great!

RetiredRon

Contributor

I downloaded the Watch ESPN app on my New iPad. I can open the app. At the screen to select the list of providers, the app never completely loads. One time I was able to select Comcast and sign in but never got any farther than that. I have no idea how to change a DNS setting or how to diagnose a connection problem, or if I should even mess around with it. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I am at a hotel using their wireless. I'm not having problems with other streaming apps. Is this app only supposed to work when I'm at home?