New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

WatchEspn iPhone App

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: WatchEspn iPhone App

Two months later still no action. Why can't you fix this, Comcast? Can it be that you don't care about customer satisfaction? I wish I could choose a competitive service but I can't. So I guess I'll still be here if you ever get around to addressing this.
New Poster

watch espn3 on our phones

As much as we pay monthly for cable and internet its embarrassing when people see we cant watch espn3 on our phones. Its past time when we pay top dollar for service to make this available to all of us!!!!
New Poster

I agree with this post. What will it take to get this done. I use this all the time on my son's Xbox, and I don't see why this is an issue for the mobile app.

New Poster

Please approve the app now. If you can do it with HBO why not with ESPN. Do the right thing by your loyal customers!
Frequent Visitor

I'm still waiting.. It's been more than a year. Sigh. I wish they would of just made the xfinity tv app live.. 

New Poster

I agree and support this idea.

Or i'll switch to verizon soon.

New Poster

I would love to have Comcast continue to be my sports provider of choice. But I am slowly slipping away! I now subscribe to FoxSoccer2Go because Comcast has refused to offer FoxSoccer plus or provide a FoxSoccer HD channel. Without a WatchESPN option on the horizon I have had recurring thoughts of abandoning cable altogether. Oh no! Could it be that I will be untethered from cable and find myself in "theCloud" forever?
New Poster

yea let's get some watchespn

New Poster

This is getting ridiculous.  The agreement has been in place for months. Please get this running; I need to watch the Master!!!

New Poster

Article (updated jan 5) says Comcast Agreement takes place this spring ... Not overly specific but probably the best answer we will get http://www.macworld.com/article/1164634/comcast_cable_customers_to_get_access_to_watchespn_app.html
New Poster

WatchESPN

What level of TV/Cable service is required to access all the ESPN networks via the WatchESPN website?  Is basic cable enought to gain full access?  I know I can get ESPN3 with just the internet service but what about the rest of the networks?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: WatchESPN

As of right now, Xfinity Internet subscribers can only watch ESPN 3 content which is sports events that are live or replays. You cannot watch Sportscenter, First Take, or any other ESPN original programming.

However, we have come to an agreement with Disney/ESPN and WatchESPN will be fully compatible in the near future.

Follow this board for updates.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

By "fully compatible" do you mean all WatchESPN content will be available on all devices (iPhone, Android, iPad, Xbox 360, etc.) for which WatchESPN has an app? Because after the HBO Go/Xbox/Roku debacle I am skeptical that Comcast will still try to limit this service in some way. I'd love to be wrong though.

Official Employee

GeneParmesan wrote:

By "fully compatible" do you mean all WatchESPN content will be available on all devices (iPhone, Android, iPad, Xbox 360, etc.) for which WatchESPN has an app? Because after the HBO Go/Xbox/Roku debacle I am skeptical that Comcast will still try to limit this service in some way. I'd love to be wrong though.

Xfinity TV customers will receive broad access to existing authenticated products like WatchESPN, as well as upcoming authenticated products, including WatchDisneyChannel, WatchDisneyXD and WatchDisneyJunior.  These services will give Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers more opportunities to access live and video on demand content, both in-home and out-of-home, on their computers, smartphones, tablets and gaming consoles.  

Go here to read the full agreement: http://www.comcast.com/about/pressrelease/pressreleasedetail.ashx?SCRedirect=true&PRID=1142

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

All of this I understand, but can you answer my original question?  At what service level will all of this be available?

Basic cable?

Digital Starter?

Digital Economy?

Or does the TV service not matter, just internet? (From what I've read this isn't so, except for ESPN3 only)

Thanks!

Official Employee

EndOfAll wrote:

All of this I understand, but can you answer my original question?  At what service level will all of this be available?

Basic cable?

Digital Starter?

Digital Economy?

Or does the TV service not matter, just internet? (From what I've read this isn't so, except for ESPN3 only)

Thanks!

We do not know all the details and specifics yet but I will update this board when more information becomes available.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Comcast get this done. It is ridiculous that with how much I pay every month for cable I can't watch a channel I subscribe to on my phone. Either start streaming sports or let us watch espn.
New Poster

The only way to watch espn3 on the iPad, that works for me, it to run the PlayOn app on your PC! Then add the espn Comcast account? The PlayOn app is free for iPad but you have to pay for the server application? You can then stream from anywhere, while Comcast fixes the real iPad app.
New Poster

IS TheRE A MOre Specific DaTE? The Near Future  JUST SouNDs So BroaD. 

New Poster

It is ridiculoud that almost 6 years after this app is out, comcast stil hasnt gotten around to working out a deal with ESPN. Please do so so that your forced (because you make neighborhoods enter into contracts and you are the only choice for a majority of people) customers can at least watch on their iphones since your cable cuts out all the time and your dvrs suck. If we can watch on our phones, we wont need to rely on your crappy cable.

See everyone is happy if you work out a deal with ESPN.

Get it done Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

I want it to it would be nice
New Poster

Please Comcast - ADD ACCESS TO THE WATCH ESPN APP. I like Comcast, but my husband has told me to change our service to FIOS. The only way we. Keep Comcast is if he gets his ESPN!!!!
New Poster

We need a date for the watch espn app on Ipad.  I just went there today and comcast xfinity is not a provider choice.  This is getting rediculous.

New Poster

WatchESPN App

When will Comcast make available the "WatchESPN" app to its customers for iPAD and Android devices?

New Poster

I spoke with Comcast on 4/23/2012 below was the converstion.

Per Comcast...
"Thank you for reaching out to us. We currently do not have this feature available, however, you can access ESPN3 via the web for current and previously recorded sports programming. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us and have passed forward your request to leadership."

I responded with what is your time frame for this feature?

Comcast response...
"At this time we have no time frame"

It's a very interesting response considering a recent Press release:

"Xfinity TV customers will receive broad access to existing authenticated products like WatchESPN, as well as upcoming authenticated products, including WatchDisneyChannel, WatchDisneyXD and WatchDisneyJunior.  These services will give Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers more opportunities to access live and video on demand content, both in-home and out-of-home, on their computers, smartphones, tablets and gaming consoles. " 

http://www.comcast.com/about/pressrelease/pressreleasedetail.ashx?SCRedirect=true&PRID=1142

Valued Contributor

here is what i was told earlier on these forums:

medziatkowicz wrote:

any new information on the launch of watchespn?

The Watch ESPN app is expected to be available to Comcast customers in May.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/watchespn-com/td-p/1227389

Silver Problem Solver

Re: WatchESPN App

Its suppose to be available in May according to comcast ted.  Weather its apple and android though has not been mentioned.  I would guess only apple first as that seems to be the norm.

Contributor

I emailed ESPN.  They actually answered:

As we understand it, there will be a stepped introduction on Xfinity.

Comcast Xfinity Fans projected dates for WatchESPN

April 16th – Friendly trial launch to 100.

April 19th – Friendly launch expands to 3000.

April 26th – Friendly launch expands to 30,000 subscribers.

May 8th – Comcast goes live nationally with WatchESPN.

So the third beta wave just launched yesterday, and we all get it in less than two weeks, according to ESPN Customer Care.

Valued Contributor

so how can we tell if we are part of the 30,000 subs?

Contributor

We would have been notified, I'm sure.

I kind of wish I had been in the 30,000 -- I've done testing before... Smiley Happy

But if this is right, we'll have it a week from Tuesday, so that's fine by me.

New Poster

In the may edition of xfinity 'what's on demand', page14 gives the details of the watchespn feature. Digital starter and above can use it. I followed the instructions provided,but Comcast isn't a provider listed in the app. I called Comcast,and their tech support couldn't tell me anything. Had not heard of the service, and gave me a phone number for espn... She tried, but poorly trained customer service. Web search brought me here, and looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. Really bad to advertise a feature in a mailing without it being available yet and not stating that fact... Not a happy comcast customer! Jeff
New Poster

What kind of double-talk garbage is this Comcast? The ESPN3 site clearly states its sponsored by Xfinity! I can watch it on the web just fine on a regular computer; but what if I want to watch it using the WatchESPN App? Comcast/Xfinity is not a provider?? Does this not confuse anyone at Comcast?!
Contributor

@DataTully - the confusion is created by ESPN, not Comcast (yes, it pains me to say that).

ESPN3 is not WatchESPN, even though ESPN.com says otherwise.   This was something I asked when WatchESPN came out.

The explanation I got was that ESPN considers ESPN3 a network of its own.  It just happens to be made available through broadband, and through the unfortunately-named WatchESPN.com site, rather than cable.  Licensing (to ISPs/cable providers) for that is separate from the WatchESPN app.  A lot of cableco subscribers have access to the ESPN3 Network on the web.

However, ESPN3 is bundled in as one of multiple networks available from the WatchESPN app -- which we're getting access to, reportedly, on May 8.  ESPN has no plans to allow access to only ESPN3 through the WatchESPN app.   It's basically corporate doublespeak by ESPN to try to get customers like us riled up enough to insist that our cable providers sign to provide WatchESPN (and pay ESPN more money).

There's plenty to blame them for... but this one isn't Comcast's fault.  This time.  

Contributor

IT'S OFFICIAL. We get WatchESPN tomorrow.

ESPN just made the announcement on ESPN Radio and ESPN2's "Mike & Mike In The Morning".

New Poster

Frequent Visitor

They already have a link to it, look on the left about halfway down on this page... http://www.comcast.com/internet-service.html ...I tapped the link there using a iPad and iPhone and it links me to the ESPN app but Comcast is still not a listed provider on it.
New Poster

They are more than likely going to have to send a update through the app store to have it work correctly.
Official Employee

For iPhone and iPad you will need version 1.6 for WatchESPN which was released today.

It may take some time for the new version to go out across all of the Apple servers, but still should be today in all locations. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Anybody having trouble with app on iPhone (yes I have the updated app)?  Can't get it to work on the computer either.

Official Employee

rwatts_83 wrote:

Anybody having trouble with app on iPhone (yes I have the updated app)?  Can't get it to work on the computer either.

What kind of trouble are you having?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thanks. I have downloaded both IPad and IPhone versions and they work great!
New Poster

ComcastTeds wrote:

rwatts_83 wrote:

No longer having a problem with the app on iPhone.  I just kept deleting the app and reinstalling it and it finally worked after the third download.  As for the computer, I cannot get watchespn to work with Firefox.  I ended up getting it to work with internet explorer.  I am not sure why I can't get it to work with Firefox though. I used to watch espn3.com through firefox but now i cant get anything to play.  No big deal though.  I can just use IE.

Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

On my iPod Touch, authentication is failing - I am able to type in my Xfinity user name and password, but wind up on a page indicating that adobepass.ios.app won't load

Fortunately, WatchESPN is working just fine on my computer (although, as the customer above me indicated, Firefox isn't playing nice with the site - I'm using Google Chrome).

New Poster

Robster2001 wrote:

On my iPod Touch, authentication is failing - I am able to type in my Xfinity user name and password, but wind up on a page indicating that adobepass.ios.app won't load

That was the problem that I was having with my iPhone.  I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling a few times and then i was able to get it to work.  I also turned off wifi and used 3g to log in. Then i just turned wifi back on to stream and it seemed to work.

Frequent Visitor

Working perfectly on my iPad and iPhone. Working well on cellular (AT&T 3G/4G) data too, sharp picture and no buffering, and of course Wi-Fi as well. Good job Comcast.
New Poster

it's AVAILABLE TODAY - May 8, 2012 - YEA!!!! Way to go COMCAST!!! Visit http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2012/05/watchespn-comcast-xfinity/ for details!!!!

New Poster

I am having trouble logging in to the WatchESPN app for the iphone. When I try to login, it tells me that this network is not included in my current XFINITY TV subscription. This is obviously wrong because I have the Digital Silver package

Please help!!

Contributor

rwatts_83 wrote:

Robster2001 wrote:

That was the problem that I was having with my iPhone.  I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling a few times and then i was able to get it to work.  I also turned off wifi and used 3g to log in. Then i just turned wifi back on to stream and it seemed to work.

Found the problem -- I use OpenDNS instead of Comcast DNS... so I pointed my iPod Touch to the Comcast DNS servers long enough to authenticate, and then switched back to OpenDNS.

Official Employee

ESPN12 wrote:

I am having trouble logging in to the WatchESPN app for the iphone. When I try to login, it tells me that this network is not included in my current XFINITY TV subscription. This is obviously wrong because I have the Digital Silver package. 

Please help!!

What station are you trying to watch? I ask because you have to subscribe to ESPNU for example to watch ESPNU on your phone.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I haven't even tried to watch any program yet. I can't even login on the app because when i click on the providers and choose comcast and try to give my comcast ID and password, it says my Xfinity subscription does not include it. I have ESPN and ESPN2 and ESPN U through the digital silver package of xfinity tv. So the problem isnt what i am trying to watch. I can't even login at all with my Comcast ID!