New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

WatchEspn iPhone App

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

WatchEspn iPhone App

I'm writing Comcast because I (with many others) would like to see it support the new application released for the iPhone/iPad yesterday. As of right now, only time Warner cable, verizon Fios and bright house network subscribers can use this app. It is up to comcast to allow this service just like the Espn3.com site, but this new app is much more desirable and would please thousands of sports fans. Please look into this and offer a simple service to your existing customers.

Please Comcast customers, reply to this post if you'd like to help get access to this iPhone/iPad app. The only way we will have a chance at getting to use the Espn application is if we speak out and support this post with as many comments as possible. A simple "I agree and support this idea" is all that's needed for a post!!!! Please help us!!!

Thank you
Accepted Solution

Re: WatchEspn iPhone App

As Manderso has posted, Comcast and The Walt Disney Company announced an unprecedented distribution deal that will bring our Xfinity TV customers broad access to more top sports, news and entertainment on television, online, tablets and handheld devices into the next decade. The deal is a continuation as well as an expansion of our existing relationship with Disney and further underscores our goal of bringing consumers the best content using the latest technology and cloud innovation.

Xfinity TV customers will receive broad access to existing authenticated products like WatchESPN, as well as upcoming authenticated products, including WatchDisneyChannel, WatchDisneyXD and WatchDisneyJunior.  These services will give Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers more opportunities to access live and video on demand content, both in-home and out-of-home, on their computers, smartphones, tablets and gaming consoles.

As of right now, I have no further information like a release date or timetable. As soon as more information becomes available, I will pass it along to you all.

To read all the whole press release and learn what else is included in this distribution agreement, please go here:

http://www.comcast.com/about/pressrelease/pressreleasedetail.ashx?SCRedirect=true&PRID=1142

Thank you for your patience.

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

Watch Espn app

Please get watchespn app access for comast subscribers!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Agreed. We need this! Smiley Happy

Silver Problem Solver

Yet another reason to watch your bill go up as Comcast pays even more to Disney...

Regular Visitor

Tell anyone and everyone you know to please comment on this post. It's 2 links down on google search for "WatchEspn Comcast App" and the more people that get involved the greater the chance we will get access to this app!

If you are reading this post right now because you want comcast to allow it's customers access to the WatchEspn app, please comment on this link and show your support!!!

Thank you!!
Frequent Visitor

slindholm wrote:
Tell anyone and everyone you know to please comment on this post. It's 2 links down on google search for "WatchEspn Comcast App" and the more people that get involved the greater the chance we will get access to this app!

If you are reading this post right now because you want comcast to allow it's customers access to the WatchEspn app, please comment on this link and show your support!!!

Thank you!!

Hopefully. I can't use the xfinity app because my box does not support it. Now I can't use the WatchESPN app because our service provider does not support it.. Sigh, I'm out of luck. There's always a catch to everything..

Contributor

Re: Watch Espn app

I really want this too!

New Poster

I agree and support this idea
New Poster

I'm hoping for this as well. If Xfinity is the leader Comcast thinks it is, how have they not jumped on this yet?

New Poster

Please count me in as well.  ESPN brings Comcast lots of revenue in terms of subscriber fees and this is a great way to strengthen that link.

New Poster

We need this app - this is another example of Comcast being left in the dust by the competition.  Comcast's only strategy is that cable service is a monopoly, as they continue to drag their feet with innovation, and remain a me too company.

Innovate!  Get with the future and deliver new functionality that is not 3D - no one wants 3D.

New Poster

DO IT COMCAST

New Poster

It is absurd that Comcast customers cannot use this app! Come on Comcast, at least pretend like you care about your customers!

New Poster

I agree and support this idea. This is a must have feature and would be one of the best apps on my phone.

New Poster

we get espn3, yet we can't get a simple app?

New Poster

Comcast please support this app. I already pay for the channel anyways. You support hbo version already
Regular Visitor

Definetly need this. 

New Poster

I am also looking forward to being able to use this app and watch espn3 on my ipad/iphone.

New Poster

Me too, need it on my iphone and ipad, and asap!

Frequent Visitor

I agree and support this idea. Please add Comcast support to watchESPN
Regular Visitor

I can watch ESPN on my laptop but can't use this app? Come on Comcast, like others have said, at least pretend like you care.
Contributor

The real issue is why are we waiting for Comcast at all? Why are they even involved? If ESPN is now allowing us to get their content on the Internet, why can't we just pay ESPN for that content? I understand Comcast is trying to keep customers, but why doesn't ESPN also offer an Internet only option? The only reason I still have cable TV is for live sports and ESPN. If I could get ESPN separately, I would probably cancel my cable TV package.
New Poster

Get on the bandwagon, Comcast and free us from the cable box.

Frequent Visitor

Onazuka wrote:
The real issue is why are we waiting for Comcast at all? Why are they even involved? If ESPN is now allowing us to get their content on the Internet, why can't we just pay ESPN for that content? I understand Comcast is trying to keep customers, but why doesn't ESPN also offer an Internet only option? The only reason I still have cable TV is for live sports and ESPN. If I could get ESPN separately, I would probably cancel my cable TV package.

Agreed. If I can just pay for every sport channel especially ESPN then everything else wouldn't matter.. All I need is ESPN and the local channels. 

I wish Comcast would agree with ESPN for this specific app. I mean, they agreed on ESPN3. 90% of my TV watching is ESPN. This would complete me as others. Then again, I don't believe they listen to us.. Smiley Sad

Silver Problem Solver

It depends on how much ESPN is demanding, and just who. Will it be based on HSI users, video users, both? As it is, ESPN is probably $7+/month of your cable bill by itself. ESPN3 is probably $1+. And then everybody complains about their bills constantly going up.

New Poster

Yes, we need that! everyone else support ESPN3 on iPhone, why not comcast?

New Poster

I agree and support this idea!
New Poster

Yes please!! C'Mon Comcast show some customer service!
New Poster

It's unacceptable that Comcast does not support Watch ESPN. I subscribe to ESPN and pay for it monthly. It costs Comcast nothing to turn on iPad and iPhone access. But they won't, likely because they're expecting ESPN to pay them extra money. 

I'm sometimes surprised that they haven't blocked HBO Go, which does nothing but ensure that I'm less likely to cancel my cable, as it's unavailable to non-cable subscribers. This is a self-defeating strategy, and Comcast needs to make it happen.

Silver Problem Solver

What makes you think it costs Comcats nothing to enable Watch ESPN? ESPN is a money pig. ESPN is the most expensive non-premium channel, by far. ESPN3 (on-line ESPN) actually COSTS ISP's money per subscriber, whether they use it or not. Watch ESPN will be no different.

New Poster

Dear comcast

I would like to have this app please, amazing comcast touts themselves as best and yet each time we have to wait for new technology. First the iphone app was a mess, better now and now we have to sit and wait to have what everyone else has already got.  Make my day comcast and give me espn Smiley Happy

Denise

New Poster

I like your service better than FiOS but the only thing you lack that FiOS has is the ESPN app. Whatever needs to be done to work a deal, get it done! C'mon Comcast, you need to allow support for the ESPN app!
New Poster

It has been 4 months with not even a reply. It's obvious they have no plan to offer it to us.
New Poster

I need this!!!  Please allow us the WatchESPN app!!!

Regular Visitor

Comcast let us have this app before college football season starts.

New Poster

I need this app please allow us to view this app
New Poster

Yes!

We need this app before college football starts!

New Poster

Please add support for WatchESPN!

New Poster

please add access to the WatchESPN app!!!! it's so frustrating to be stuck on the outside of this.

Regular Visitor

Come on Comcast!! Why not offer this service?? I look at my bill and wonder why avid sports fans can't have a great app like this to enjoy away from home! Verizon Fios does it....why not you??

New Poster

Please Provide the watchespn access.
New Poster

+1, please add watchespn access!

New Poster

Just read about the new WatchESPN app for the iPhone!

Please bring COMCAST into the 21st century and make this available to us! We would all love to take advantage of this application!

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

WatchESPN

Anyone know anything about WatchESPN and Comcast getting together to make this app available on IPad? 908070
Regular Visitor

I agree and support Comcast getting on board with ESPN supporting the WatchESPN app for IPhone and IPad. 908070
Cable Expert

Re: WatchESPN

No word on this as of now.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

PLEASE! allow us to watch ESPN on our iPhones and other smartphones!!! 

New Poster

So I just had a chat with Comcast about this. 

They told me I have to buy premium channels to get watchESPN to work..even though as soon as I select comcast on the menu, it says Comcast doesn't support it.

Now maybe they added it when we weren't looking but just if you add some russian/chinese channel package(because I already get every ESPN + ESPN3 + HD + triple play + some pay channels hbo etc),

or they were lying to me to raise my bill.

But I'm pretty sure they just have no clue about things that were released months and months ago on their competitors services, and their employees are trained to just act dumb until you get frustrated and end the chat.

New Poster

Add Android to that also - lots of Droids out there.

Comcast also needs to open up Big102Go also

Frequent Visitor

It's amazing the progress made since this topic was broached.  Pretty powerful stuff.