New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

WatchESPN not working - customer support not helpful

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

WatchESPN not working - customer support not helpful

Hi there,

My WatchESPN application on my telephone has stopped working.  It's important to note that it was working from the time comcast was added as a service provider on the application until a few weeks ago.  Now, whenever I try to watch anything that is airing on ESPN or ESPN2, I receive the error message

"Unable to play video.  This network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe."  I am, however, subscribed to ESPN as I am watching it right now.  I can watch it on any television in my household and see no reason why this wouldn't extend to my telephone as well, especially considering it was working previously, and no changes have been made to the account.  

I called Xfinity customer support, after an hour wait I was called back by one of the CSRs, who then told me she could not help me and put me through to the mobile apps department.  I stayed on the line with the mobile apps CSR and he ran some diagnostic tests on the account and determined it was a cable card issue.  I was then transferred to the cable card department, and after another 20 minutes of waiting I was put through to a tech who completely misunderstood the problem, and hung up in the middle of my explanation.  I explained my problem to him.  He went on and told me "you have no service, correct" to which I responded that I did have service, but I was told the card was not configured properly and I could not use the application on my telephone.  He asked me again "is your service working" and I said "Yes, the television is working fine, but I cannot use the application".  He hung up as soon as he heard this.  

I do not have the patience to spend another 1.5-2 hours waiting on comcast support and play the transfer game.  I was hoping someone on here might have a better solution.

EDIT: 

Also, I can watch ESPN fine using the link here: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn, so I'm fairly certain that means I'm still subscribed to ESPN.  The mobile application simply doesnt work, however

Accepted Solution

Re: WatchESPN not working - customer support not helpful

treesy wrote:

Hi there,

My WatchESPN application on my telephone has stopped working.  It's important to note that it was working from the time comcast was added as a service provider on the application until a few weeks ago.  Now, whenever I try to watch anything that is airing on ESPN or ESPN2, I receive the error message

"Unable to play video.  This network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe."  I am, however, subscribed to ESPN as I am watching it right now.  I can watch it on any television in my household and see no reason why this wouldn't extend to my telephone as well, especially considering it was working previously, and no changes have been made to the account.  

I called Xfinity customer support, after an hour wait I was called back by one of the CSRs, who then told me she could not help me and put me through to the mobile apps department.  I stayed on the line with the mobile apps CSR and he ran some diagnostic tests on the account and determined it was a cable card issue.  I was then transferred to the cable card department, and after another 20 minutes of waiting I was put through to a tech who completely misunderstood the problem, and hung up in the middle of my explanation.  I explained my problem to him.  He went on and told me "you have no service, correct" to which I responded that I did have service, but I was told the card was not configured properly and I could not use the application on my telephone.  He asked me again "is your service working" and I said "Yes, the television is working fine, but I cannot use the application".  He hung up as soon as he heard this.  

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

try clearing your cache and cookies.  then delete the app, now restart your telephone (    now download the app again.  now restart, now try to login with the primary users credentials and see if it works.  If it does not like the agent you talked to said your account is coded wrong  they said you have no service.  on comcasts end your account is messed up.

Official Employee

treesy wrote:

Hi there,

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Tags (1)
New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Can you post a phone number I can call for this issue please? Thank you!

New Poster

same problem here. Doesn't work anywhere. Xbox, iPad, ESPN.com. All stopped working a few weeks ago

Regular Visitor

Thank you. I don't think I got a phone call but the issue was fixed. Appreciate it!
Official Employee

LockStock43 & SQUIDWARD360,

Our team is looking into your issues now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation