Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

WatchESPN.com website not working

New Poster

WatchESPN.com website not working

When I go to the WatchESPN.com website I can watch certain programs but others give me the error message "Access to this content requires a television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. https://login.comcast.net/h/tve_unauthorized_novideo.html'" This doesn't make sense because I have the Digital Preferred package which gives me all of the ESPN channels. I do notice that when I login to the Comcast website it asks if I want to sign up for TV service even though I already have it.

Did online chat with 3 different Comcast representatives for a couple hours with no resolution. I'm hoping someone here has some answers. I have seen several post with similar issues with ESPN, HBOGo, and MaxGo with no real solutions besides comcast saying that they will contact the poster within 72 hours. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: WatchESPN.com website not working

madlion1 wrote:

When I go to the WatchESPN.com website I can watch certain programs but others give me the error message "Access to this content requires a television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. https://login.comcast.net/h/tve_unauthorized_novideo.html'" This doesn't make sense because I have the Digital Preferred package which gives me all of the ESPN channels. I do notice that when I login to the Comcast website it asks if I want to sign up for TV service even though I already have it.

Did online chat with 3 different Comcast representatives for a couple hours with no resolution. I'm hoping someone here has some answers. I have seen several post with similar issues with ESPN, HBOGo, and MaxGo with no real solutions besides comcast saying that they will contact the poster within 72 hours. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Is ESPN working on your TV?

Is ESPN working on XFINITY.com/tv?

Once we get this information, we will be able to narrow down your issue and help you get this resolved.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Yes ESPN does work on both my TV and the Xfinity website.

Official Employee

madlion1 wrote:

Yes ESPN does work on both my TV and the Xfinity website.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Ihave the same problem i cant wath espn the app due to the sa me messagehttps://login.comcast.net/h/tve_unauthorized_novideo.html'" help please!!!!!!!!!
New Poster

I have the same issue. I can watch ESPN on my TV and the app but on the ESPN website. I get the following message:

This network is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. https://login.comcast.net/h/tve_unauthorized_nochannel.html

New Poster

can't get all espn channels on steamplayer, want sport channel.

Regular Visitor

When I go to WatchESPN.com today from my laptop,  it asks for the standard authentification.  When I go to the drop down box and choose Comcast Xfinity,  the login site never loads and eventually I get sent back to WatchESPN.com.   Just for kicks, I checked the other providers out, and I go straight to their login screens.  Its only Comcast that doesn't seem to be working today.  It works fine with my iPad,  just not from the laptop through watchespn.com.  Please fix, as I want to watch replays.