members

online now

discussions

WatchESPN app on iPhone 4s

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

WatchESPN app on iPhone 4s

I log into my comcast xfinity account in the app and I get this error message

"Unable to play video.  access to this content requires a television subscription.  please contact your tv provider to subscribe."  
I can watch all these channels on my tvs so i dont know what the problem is.  Changed my dns to comcasts' and made sure my phone was using them.  uninstalled, rebooted phone, then reinstalled app and I am still getting the same error message.  ESPN3 works in the app, just not ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU.
This is what the error message looks like.... http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c4ry1r137wrzu69
Accepted Solution

Re: WatchESPN app on iPhone 4s

I had a service tech come out here today and he said I was getting weak signals.  He installed an amplifier to increase the signal and everything is working now on the WatchESPN app.  I dont know if that had anything to do with it?  I also noticed that after he left when I signed into my customer central my tv service showed up and not just my Internet service (Internet was all that showed up previously).  I also noticed that a new box was found in the Xfinity TV app for my iphone.  I reinstalled WatchESPN app and everything is working as it should!!  Couldnt be happier with what that service tech did here for my service.. Happy customer now =)

View answer in context
Official Employee

skibbeb wrote:

I log into my comcast xfinity account in the app and I get this error message

"Unable to play video.  access to this content requires a television subscription.  please contact your tv provider to subscribe."  
I can watch all these channels on my tvs so i dont know what the problem is.  Changed my dns to comcasts' and made sure my phone was using them.  uninstalled, rebooted phone, then reinstalled app and I am still getting the same error message.  ESPN3 works in the app, just not ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU.
This is what the error message looks like.... http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c4ry1r137wrzu69

Do you have access to a PC or Mac? If so, can you please try playing a video on XFINITYTV.com and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I tried all the ESPN's and those worked as well as the Family Guy I tried.  Im on a Mac Pro.

Silver Problem Solver

are you logging in with the primary  account holders credentials?

Official Employee

skibbeb wrote:

Yes, I tried all the ESPN's and those worked as well as the Family Guy I tried.  Im on a Mac Pro.

This is an ESPN issue then. Please call their support line at 888-549-ESPN. 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I will call them and let you know.. Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

Called ESPN and they said the error message pertains to Comcast and to call you back to solve the problem.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I only have 1 account.

Frequent Visitor

I had a service tech come out here today and he said I was getting weak signals.  He installed an amplifier to increase the signal and everything is working now on the WatchESPN app.  I dont know if that had anything to do with it?  I also noticed that after he left when I signed into my customer central my tv service showed up and not just my Internet service (Internet was all that showed up previously).  I also noticed that a new box was found in the Xfinity TV app for my iphone.  I reinstalled WatchESPN app and everything is working as it should!!  Couldnt be happier with what that service tech did here for my service.. Happy customer now =)

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation