Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

WatchESPN App

New Poster

WatchESPN App

Please allow your loyal customers the pleasure of enjoying this app while away from home. ESPN is announcing the app is available but I can't use it because Comcast is STILL not on the drop down list of providers.
New Poster

Re: WatchESPN App

Agreed.  The given timetable was "spring".  Here we are the week before mother's day and still nothing.  "Summer" starts in June, Comcast.  Figure it out.

Valued Contributor

was supposed to be live today but 9am and still not live. Cumon comcast do something on time for a change. Today they will probably say next weeek the next week the week after so on and so forth.

Silver Problem Solver
Official Employee

medziatkowicz wrote:

was supposed to be live today but 9am and still not live. Cumon comcast do something on time for a change. Today they will probably say next weeek the next week the week after so on and so forth.

May 8 is on time and as scheduled.

Have you tried it now online? It is working for me at http://espn.go.com/watchespn/getaccess

Then click Watch Now in the upper right.

For iPhone and iPad you will need version 1.6 for WatchESPN which was released today.

It may take some time for the new version to go out across all of their servers, but still should be today in all locations. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

medziatkowicz wrote:

It is live, just go update the app in the app store!
Valued Contributor

I can't go to update app as i have a droid
Silver Problem Solver

no android support of course

New Poster

medziatkowicz wrote:
Have you tried deleting the app, & redownloading it?
Valued Contributor

Yes i just did and no Comcast
Official Employee

medziatkowicz wrote:

We expect to extend access to this app on Android devices in the coming months.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Valued Contributor

I cant get it to work on my DROID browsers either
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Will we see a pp for the blackberry phones.

Silver Problem Solver

RIM'S share of the cell phone market fell below 12% last quarter.  if the new blackberry 10 does not sell the company will cease to exist.  

Valued Contributor

Still doesn't explain that it won't work on my droid browsers
Silver Problem Solver

its an app you have to download it does not work through a broswer on your mobile phone.  Same way you can't go to comcast.com and watch videos you have to use the app.

Valued Contributor

I mean the website wont work correctly which to me makes no sense and defeats its purpose
Regular Contributor

Watch ESPN App Launched!!!

Watch ESPN App on the itunes store was launched, works well.... finally a great thing to go along with our subscriptions from comast (xfinity). Beats sitting around at work on rainy days doing nothing.

Valued Contributor

Re: Watch ESPN App Launched!!!

while android users can't even get the website to load. We're always the last to get anything even though weare more popular./

Official Employee

medziatkowicz wrote:

while android users can't even get the website to load. We're always the last to get anything even though weare more popular./

Thaks for the feedback. There are some FAQs and technical requirements listed on ESPN's site that may address some of your concerns about their app, link below:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq?#faq4

What are the compatible mobile and tablet devices?

WatchESPN is available for use on the following mobile devices: Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad (must have OS 4.0 or later), and Android phones and tablets running version 2.2 and above. For Comcast customers, WatchESPN is available for use on the following mobile devices: Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad devices (must have OS 4.0 or later). It will be available soon to Android phones and tablets running version 2.2 and above.

What are the system requirements to run WatchESPN on the desktop?

We recommend the following for the best experience:

PC

• Processor Speed: Single Core CPU @ 2.4GHz or Dual Core CPU
  • Memory: 512 MB of RAM -minimum of 256 MB
         Video Memory: 128 MB of Video RAM
  • Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux
  • Recommended Browsers: Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4, Chrome 3
  • Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or above
  • Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher with 32-bit color
  • Recommended Connection Speed: 2 Mbps or greater

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

As annoying as it is that both iOS and Android were activated at the same time, we have gotten use to this for other applications.

My issue, either Comcast or ESPN disable the remote access of EPSN3 through the mobile browser.  It may have been cumbersome, but I have access EPSN360/ESPN3/WatchESPN on my Android through it's web broswer since I got my phone back in December 2010.  I watch some FIFA match last month on it.  

All one needed was the mobile version of Flash Player.  This worked with the stock browser, Opera, and Dolphin HD; firefox doesn't support Flash Player yet.  The browswer needed to be set as desktop agent. Chrome is only available for Android 4, so I wasn't able to try it on the HTC Evo 4g, which you need custom firmware (flash player doesn't work very well on those firmwares).

I just don't understand why it was removed.  What would be access through the web browser that wouldn't be allowed through the app?

Why not reinstate it untill the official Android is available.  I sent an email to ESPN request to have Comcast returned as service provider when access through an Android based web browswer.  Of course, I get the generic answers, information I already know and apologies.

Here are screen captures showing EPSN3 on the stock Android 2.2 web browser:

New Poster

Now working beautifully for me. Finally!!!!
Valued Contributor

It stinks that because of comcast i have to buy an iphone now.
New Poster

of course they wouldn't. a droid is quarter the price. sounds like comcast is trying to force-feed us apple products

New Poster

LOL! Just what I expect from Comcast

Regular Visitor

Joe--it is now August.
Valued Contributor

they don't want us droid users to be able to use the watch espn app. They are going to tell us they won't support droids just iphones and ipads.

Official Employee

medziatkowicz wrote:

they don't want us droid users to be able to use the watch espn app. They are going to tell us they won't support droids just iphones and ipads.

WatchESPN is now available from Comcast and ESPN on Android devices; this was recently made available earlier this month. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am trying to use the WatchESPN app on my HTC Rezound. The app says: "Powered by Xfinity" and in the settings it notes that I am signed in to my account and states: "You have access to video"

When I attempt to play a live stream, I receive an error message "Unable to play video" underneath this message is: "null"

I am attempting to use this app over my cell carrier's 4G network, rather than my home's wifi. 

I uninstalled/re-installed the app and signed in/out of my comcast account, but still receive the same error message.

New Poster

I had this problem and I think I just found a fix.  Go into settings and sign into your espn account.  If you don't have one, create one on espn.com.  Sign into that first, then sign into comcast as your provider.  Then play video.

New Poster

Thank you this worked.  I signed out, then signed into myESPN account first, then relogged into my comcast account.