Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Watch recordings on mobile devices

New Poster

Watch recordings on mobile devices

I'm thrilled with the ability to watch recordings on my phone, iPad or laptop. It has been very convenient thus far. I've noticed that some recordings are not an option for viewing on a mobile device, most notably sporting events. Why is this?
Service Expert

Re: Watch recordings on mobile devices

cpmaher41 wrote:
I'm thrilled with the ability to watch recordings on my phone, iPad or laptop. It has been very convenient thus far. I've noticed that some recordings are not an option for viewing on a mobile device, most notably sporting events. Why is this?

in various previous threads on the forum all linear (numbered) channels are provided, the entire on-demand system except pay per view, and for some very very strange reason no music choice channels (can't even record then download music choice). the stated reason for no music choice channel allowed to be downloaded nor watched on any device is 'it is mostly just audio'. 

If it is a linear channel and you are on your home internet netowrk (part of x1 package) you should be able to get rest of channels (including sports). I don't recall anyone saying they could not watch a sports channel on 'any device' viewing (also called IP streaming).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation