New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Watch purchased On Demand content on multiple devices

ANSWERED
New Poster

Watch purchased On Demand content on multiple devices

I purchased a movie using the TV version of On Demand. I can not watch it on my iPad using the Xfinity App though. How can I access my TV purchases on my iPad?

Accepted Solution

Re: Watch purchased On Demand content on multiple devices

nerfhoop wrote:

I purchased a movie using the TV version of On Demand. I can not watch it on my iPad using the Xfinity App though. How can I access my TV purchases on my iPad?

I am sorry but you cannot transfer On Demand purchases to your devices.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

nerfhoop wrote:

I am sorry but you cannot transfer On Demand purchases to your devices.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Joe, this is crazy! If Comcast has the ability to stream free on demand content to my iPad, which it does (I do it all the time), why can I not watch PPV content I've purchased at home? We pay considerable dinero for our base services, then we give you extra revenue with PPV and we're denied the ability to watch it on our mobile device? Especially with a time limited viewing window, this is really unfair and greatly diminishes the value and incentive to make XOD purchases. Life is unpredictable. I could make an XOD purchase with the intent of watching at home on my insanely preferable audio system and 50" Plasma but then something happens necessitating me to not be at home during the rental period. You used term "transfer" XOD purchases to a mobile device. Transfer?? Transfer what?? We're paying you for a streamed service that evaporates after its rental period. Comcast SERIOUSLY needs to rethink this. Just as I will seriously rethink purchasing XOD content until this is changed. Is it a bandwidth management issue? I sure hope not given the huge amount of free XOD available on mobile devices. Sure, it's great that you offer so much free content, but then penalize those who purchase XOD products? No logic to this at all. XOD is XOD. if you can stream the free stuff, surely you can stream the PPVs. Is it a DRM issue?? Still no logic. Easy enough to require us to manually register our devices w/ MAC address via our online account management. Please give us some definitive justification for this from a delivery or infrastructure perspective. Short of that, c'mon my fellow Comcast customers. Speak up here and give them a mandate!!!
New Poster

Yeah i think that if they have a xfinity tv app they should put a section for purchased things because i cant watch any movies i purchased on the app other than just the tv. Btw can you watch purchased movies on the xfinity website?
Official Employee

Google is your friend

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/xfinity-on-demand-purchases

There's a separate app for purchases

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon