Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Watch live TV on computer in-home

New Poster

Watch live TV on computer in-home

I am trying to watch live TV on my laptop while connected to my home WiFi network. Every time I click on a show in the channel guide on my computer I see the message "Available to watch in-home only". If I click on this message I get I get the following explaination "Some providers only allow their content to be viewed when you connect to your home WiFi network. Filter by TV GO to view content that is available out of home." 

I would like to know how to make this work as there are times my wife is watching one thing and I would like to be able to watch something else. As getting a second TV is not an option in our present home I would really like to know how to get this to work.

Any and all help is appreciated. 

Attached are two screen shots showing the messages I am getting.

We can not change the direction of the wind, we can only adjust our sails.
2016-03-06 (2).png
2016-03-06.png
Frequent Visitor

Re: Watch live TV on computer in-home

Are you working through the Xfinity TV App?  I don't have a laptop but works with Ipad/Iphone free App. 

Frequent Visitor

I know this may be simple - but are you 100% you are connected to your home wireless network (and not a neighbor or secoindary network).

I had the same issue I was troubleshooting at my parents house and they were connected to a neighbor's wifi.

Any chance you can try connecting an ethernet cable to the router and to your laptop just to eliminate the possibility the issue is wifi related?

Admin1

RayGoQuestions -- Can you answer the questions asked above? That will help diagnose your issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Zach

I have NO issue.  Everything is working fine. 

New Poster

Same problem here.  Mine was working for awhile.  Did you find a solution yet?  

Admin1

This is a known issue occurring with the TV App. Which website are you seeing this error on? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Zach

I'm not having problems.  Everything working fine.

Regular Visitor

Was the issue ever resolved? I have been having the same problem since this afternoon.

Valued Contributor

hopester714-

I apologize for the delayed response. I ran a diagnostic on your Xfinity TV App that should have resolved the problem. Can you verify that this service is now working properly?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm connected to ethernet and I'm getting the error message.  I'm trying to watch an F1 race, and it is pretty annoying.

Visitor

I am having the same problem.

Currently trying to watch ESPN through XTV on my computer on my in-home wifi network. Every 10 - 15 minutes, I get disconnected and a message says the channel is only available through in-home wifi. Refreshing the page allows me to start watching again but this is quite annoying as I have to do this every 10 minutes.

Running OS X 10.11. Issue happens on both Chrome and Safari.

My guess is this is some weird authentication issue on Comcast's end. Any techs on the forum have a solution?

Visitor

Logging in with my ******@comcast.net email rather than my personal email appears to have fixed the issue.

Visitor

Nevermind my above comment. This did not fix my issue. Will try reactivated my modem as per this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-X1-TV-app-is-showing-quot-Out-of...