Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Watch ESPN on iPad Not Working

New Poster

Watch ESPN on iPad Not Working

My WatchESPN application on my iPad has stopped working.  It's important to note that it was working from the time comcast was added as a service provider on the application until a few weeks ago.  Now, whenever I try to watch anything that is airing on ESPN or ESPN2, I receive the error message

"Unable to play video.  This network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe."  I am, however, subscribed to ESPN as I am watching it right now.  I can watch it on any television in my household and also have been able to watch it on my iPad until a few weeks ago.

I have called Comcast and they have told me it must be a problem with ESPN, however I do not believe this since I was able to watch it before and I am also able to watch it now on any of my desktop and laptop systems online.  I also cannot watch it on my smartphone.  One additional piece of information.  I have tried it both using my wi-fi network at home (comcast) and with my cellular service (verizon) and neither one works.  I would appreciate any help.

Thank You!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Watch ESPN on iPad Not Working

hitechdjh wrote:

My WatchESPN application on my iPad has stopped working.  It's important to note that it was working from the time comcast was added as a service provider on the application until a few weeks ago.  Now, whenever I try to watch anything that is airing on ESPN or ESPN2, I receive the error message

"Unable to play video.  This network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe."  I am, however, subscribed to ESPN as I am watching it right now.  I can watch it on any television in my household and also have been able to watch it on my iPad until a few weeks ago.

I have called Comcast and they have told me it must be a problem with ESPN, however I do not believe this since I was able to watch it before and I am also able to watch it now on any of my desktop and laptop systems online.  I also cannot watch it on my smartphone.  One additional piece of information.  I have tried it both using my wi-fi network at home (comcast) and with my cellular service (verizon) and neither one works.  I would appreciate any help.

Thank You!

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I'm having the same issue on my iPhone? How is this being resolved?

New Poster

I am unable to play ESPN on my iPhone too. I have followed all steps found on this fourm. Can someone help me??

Official Employee

antarn & Harperman979,

Is ESPN working on your TV?

Do you have any cable boxes with On Demand set up in your home?

Thanks,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Joe,  Yes ESPN works on all of my TV's at home (both SD and HD).  I do have On Demand set up on the cablebox in my living room.  As stated before, I have had complete access to WatchESPN since last summer when I purchased my iPad.  I have not made ANY changes to my Comcast account and about 3 weeks ago the WatchESPN app started telling me I was not subscribed but I know that I am. 

Thanks for looking into this.

David

Frequent Visitor

Same issues. Won't work on iPad w xfinity. I click on all other providers and they give option to sign in. Xfinity is black screen. 

New Poster

ComcastJoe,

Someone from Comcast did contact me and they reset the account and the WatchESPN application is now working on my iPad.  However, I have the Sports Entertainment Pack which gives me the NFL Network, ESPNU, etc... and now those channels are not available on my TV at home.

So, they get the WatchESPN app back to working on my iPad and now the NFL Network and ESPNU are not working on my TV and I am paying extra for the Sports Entertainment Pack.  

Appreciate any help which can be provided.

Thanks! 

Official Employee

ajs3677 wrote:

Same issues. Won't work on iPad w xfinity. I click on all other providers and they give option to sign in. Xfinity is black screen. 

Try deleting the app and installing it again. Let me know the results.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Wow it worked. Thank you Joe!

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem but accessing it through espn.go.com/watchespn. No one on phone or chat support seems to have a clue what to do, transferring me all over the place

New Poster

Ive tried deleting the app and reinstalling it on my ipad. It still doesnt work. I tried using laptop, still doesnt work. What gives? Why have an app if you cant be mobile with it. Ive called Comcast but I did not get any results.

Official Employee

jodi0250 wrote:

Ive tried deleting the app and reinstalling it on my ipad. It still doesnt work. I tried using laptop, still doesnt work. What gives? Why have an app if you cant be mobile with it. Ive called Comcast but I did not get any results.

What error message are you getting when trying to use WatchESPN on your iPad and laptop?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am having the same issue.  I have ESPN via comcast - can watch it fine on TV and on demand.  Will not work on ipad - saying must be a subscriber.  Please advise as to how to fix this.  Thank you.

Official Employee

Freedtogo wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I have ESPN via comcast - can watch it fine on TV and on demand.  Will not work on ipad - saying must be a subscriber.  Please advise as to how to fix this.  Thank you.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I'm currently having this same issue. My ESPN works fine through my TV but Watch ESPN will not work on my laptop or iPhone. Once I select the event I want to watch I'm asked to select my TV provider then sign in. After I do both of those things I receive the following error message, "This network is not included in your Xfinity TV subscription" even though it is included in my subscription and both the app and the laptop have worked properly before now. Any new help anyone can give me on this issue? Thanks!

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it again but that is giving the same error message. Need immediate help.

New Poster

I've having the same problem. I will try deleting and reinstalling the WatchESPN App but that sounds like it doesn't work for everyone. We need a real solution to this that techs can look up when we call them for support. It should be an embarrassment for the company and techs to not be able to fix such a fundamental problem. I appreciate the efforts of Comcast Joe in attempting to find a true solution.
New Poster

This is EXACTLY what happens to me. It's extremely annoying and one of the issues that has me considering another provider.
New Poster

The new ESPN Go app was released today. After updating it's unable to play any ESPN stating:

"This network is not inculded in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. http://xfinity.comcast.net/upgrade"

I have XF Premier with all ESPN channels. What's going on?

New Poster

I spoke to Xfinity customer service. They had me delete the app, reinstall it, reboot the iPad and it works now. 

New Poster

I'm experiencing the same thing on my Apple TV with all the apps that require a subscription. Up until yesterday there were no problems. I can't delete apps on the Apple TV, suggestions?
New Poster

My ipad has completely stopped working with my ESPN Watch app on my ipad.  I've been using it for quite a while, but, since the ios has updated, it no longer works.  I keep getting the error "Unable to load at this time, check back later" or something similar.  I've noticed there are lots of people having trouble wit hthe latest IOS with comcast.  This is extremely frustrating!!  I've done everything everybody has suggested on the forums..deleting the apps, reinstalling, rebooting the ipad, etc with no success.  What's weird is that the ESPN channels do not work, but, the SEC network within the ESPN watch app does work.

Could you please, pleae help me!!  My email is crimsonbamakathy@gmail.com  My phone is 850-866-9753.  

Thanks, Kathy from Panama City Beach, FL

New Poster

The issue is with those lousy cheating lying cable providers like comcast. I was having issues on laptop, contacted comcast and they said unauthorized, needing a package. The error was

"Unfortunately, this network is not included in your current XFINITY TV service"

working with comcast was a debacle. over 3 hours 5 chat sessions and they say its not included, you need an extra package but could never get what package was REALLY needed. From their own web page it is clearly stated that it is included.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/what-is-espn3/ and the paragraph

How to Get ESPN3

You need to have an XFINITY Internet subscription (any level of service) or have an XFINITY TV package that includes the ESPN channel to get ESPN3.

I have both a internet sub and digital package that has espn. This is clearly a violation of espn3 I would think also, trying to milk more money out of customers from comcast. REVOLT, call comcast and tell them contact espn and complain.No other cable provider I have had needed extra money to have access to espn3 on my laptop and I have had 4 others. This is why comcast is awful and their customer service is even worse.

New Poster

I think I got it...

1) Turn off Wifi on your device

2) Go to Settings, locate WatchESPN and select Reset Authentication

3) Open WatchESPN using cellular, 3G, LTE, etc. This will prompt the username/password screen instead of bypassing it (I had to connect my iPad to my phone using a "Personal Hotspot" because I don't have a data plan for my iPad)

4) Once you've successfully logged in turn your device's Wifi back on and you should be good!

Hope this helps!!
New Poster

Joe, I'm having the same issue. I can't watchESPN on my phone because comcast/xfinity says I "don't have the network" when I do. Can you fix for me?
New Poster

I am having same issues...unable to view on iphone