Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Waqtching Xfinity TV on Windows 8 Phone

Problem Solver

Waqtching Xfinity TV on Windows 8 Phone

Is there any way to watch Xfinity TV on my windows phone? I tried at comcast.net with the browser in my phone and it won't work????

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Waqtching Xfinity TV on Windows 8 Phone

the only way to watch the ondemand type content is with the app, there is no app for windows phone, and you cannot use your browser.   Windows phone is new, there isnt even a blackberry one.

Silver Problem Solver

I just saw this and thouht I would post it.  Windows phone may never even really take off so I am sorry for all of you that bought it with a two year contract and did not check first.

This has happened. Despite everything Microsoft has tried in mobile for the last
two years, consumers aren't buying it. The latest data from IDC says Microsoft
has 2 percent of the global mobile market share. And the latest phone from Nokia
is thick and heavy compared to phones from Apple and Samsung. We don't expect it
to be a blockbuster.

Problem Solver

Rog I appreciate your response however this is your personal preference. Who is the we you are talking about and who do you personally represent. I personally love my windows 8 phone. I had an android tablet and it was a piece of junk and the os sucked. I have been using Microsoft products since the days of Dos 3.

The phone is terrific and I feel sorry for you that you haven't even tried it. What OS are you using on your computer. I am using windows 8 on mine and after 2 weeks of using it I bought a windows 8 phone and I was over 80 percent familiar with the windows 8 phone. It is great for me to have a cross platform product. I have never used apple and never will.

I think since you have a personal preference that is fine, but when you say we don't like it don't you really mean I don't like it.

I really feel sorry for you that you haven't even tried one and I am willing to bet you are not even a Microsoft user at all.

Don't feel sorry for us Microsoft phone users. I use nothing but Microsoft at work and at home and I love the interchangeability and cross platform.

I also feel sorry for people who read some articles and just restate what other people say.

So expert Rog tell us what OS you use on your home computers, notebooks, tablets and Cell Phones.

Official Employee

corgi11 wrote:

Is there any way to watch Xfinity TV on my windows phone? I tried at comcast.net with the browser in my phone and it won't work????

I am sorry but at this time there is no XFINITY TV Player App for Windows 8 phone. Also, videos will not work in the browser due to licensing restrictions. 

Every day we’re working to make Xfinity TV programming available to our customers in more ways including the Xbox, connected TVs, on partner websites , on tablets, and on other mobile devices.  We will continue to work with our partners to deliver even more choices to our customers in more places.

When I get more information about this app, I will update this thread.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

Re: Watching Xfinity TV on Windows 8 Phone

Hey Rog from your same source:

Windows Phone To Top iOS Market Share By 2016, IDC Says

By the end of 2016, according to International Data Corp., Microsoft‘s Windows Phone 8 will inch ahead of Apple‘s iOS to become the world’s #2 mobile operating system. Google‘s Android is expected to remain the world’s best-selling mobile OS, but with share shrinking steadily between then and now.

Meanwhile, IDC projects that the global market for mobile phones will grow just 4% this year from 2011, the slowest growth rate since 2009. IDC expects global sales of close to 1.8 billion phones, up from 1.7 billion last year.

Contributed to the slow growth: a sharp slide in the feature phone market and sluggish global economic conditions. Feature phone shipments are expected to drop 10% this year, while smartphones are expected to grow 38.8%.

IDC expects the market to expand to 2.3  billion phones by 2016.

Meanwhile, IDC projects that Android’s market share will peak this year. The research firm says that Android will take 61% of the smartphone market in 2012, declining to 52.9% in 2016. Apple’s iOS is projected to be 20.5% of the market this year, dipping to 19% in 2016. Somewhat surprisingly, IDC sees BlackBerry OS holding steady, with 6% of the market this year, and a projected 5.9% in 2016. (I’m not sure I believe that particular projection.) The big projected share gainer? Microsoft Phone 7, at 5.2% market share this year, growing to a projected 19.2% in 2016.

Regular Visitor

Common Joe... break with the project plans.  Smiley Happy... when can we expect to see the Windows 8 Phone app.

New Poster

XFinity Apps for Win8 Phones?

Does Comcast have any plans to make their apps available for Windows 8 phones?

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Re: XFinity Apps for Win8 Phones?

Any chance we can get an update on Windows Phone 8 plans, and if there is any opportunity to become a beta tester or early adopter?

With the release of Windows Phone 8 there are very few "big" apps that neither released nor committed to releasing a WP8 version.  Come on Comcast, don't get left behind, it will start to cost you subscribers before too long :-(

Problem Solver

Windows Phone App Please!!!!!

Windows Phone App Please!!!!!

New Poster

The Nokia Lumia 521 is one of the fastest selling handsets on Tmobile, and the 925 model is anticipated to rock the market as well. Get with it comacst! Windows phones are here to stay! Also please update your site. I have a Nook HD and watch Xfinity on it all the time. Your site lists it as incompatible. With all the progress Comcast is making, you should let potential customers know just how much you do offer. I've had your service for almost a decade and only found out last month that I could watch OnDemand on my xbox and Nook. You're short changing yourselves. That's poor business practice.

New Poster

Windows Phone 8 App please!

WP8 is catching up leaps and bounds and already ahead of blackberry and eating up sales on Android and Apple one small bite at a time. I have been an windows phone user since windows phone 6.

Time for Xfinity App specially since I just signed up for TV and moving away from Directv who has a great WP8 app that I used to set my DVR to record shows and movies remotely!

You are going to let Directv have a leg above you?

Thanks!

..Ramesh

Frequent Visitor

Ridiculous that there is not an app for Windows Phone yet ... over 50 MILLION Windows Phones sold and counting. Now established as the fastest growing platform worldwide, and #1 in numerous Eurpoean countries. Clearly the #3 platform now ahead of Blackberry. Nokia sold almost 10M phones just in the last quarter alone. Why is there not an app yet or at least a plan to have one ?

New Poster

I am with the Windows people, how about an app for both WP 8 and W8 tablets. Come on Comcast, it can't be that hard to code and you would make a lot "valued customers" happy! We are not here to argue who will win the mobile market, we just want an app for Windows 8/8.1. Or, is Amazon Prime my only answer?

New Poster

Watching Xfinity TV on Windows 8 Phone

WP8 app please or atleast an work around..... C'mon...

New Poster

Currently I have X1 and Windows Phone 8.1 and can't schedule recording etc., from my phone as the xftinity TV App is pretty redumentry.  Direct TV had a much better app for Windows Phone 8 and I was able to schedule recording individually or by entire series.

Come up Comcast we need good app for Windows Phones!

Frequent Visitor

When will Comcast release the xfinity apps for windows phone? The windows phones are selling faster than just about any phone on the market except maybe for the galaxy s series. The remote app was a poor excuse for an app, it has zero purpose. Why would I use my phone to change a channel when it ties up my phone and my remote is in front of me.

Please make these apps asap, as my whole family is switching over to windows phones since they are more compatible with our pc's. We have been a customer with Comcast for almost 20 years, and even have the security system which I cannot even access from my windows phone except to arm and disarm. I cant look at the cameras or operate anything else from the website thru is on the phone.
New Poster

rog286713 wrote:

I just saw this and thouht I would post it.  Windows phone may never even really take off so I am sorry for all of you that bought it with a two year contract and did not check first.

This has happened. Despite everything Microsoft has tried in mobile for the last
two years, consumers aren't buying it. The latest data from IDC says Microsoft
has 2 percent of the global mobile market share. And the latest phone from Nokia
is thick and heavy compared to phones from Apple and Samsung. We don't expect it
to be a blockbuster.

The OP didn't ask if his chosen phone platform is going to be around, he asked if Comcast was going to create apps for it. So thanks for your opinion, but kindly take your fanboi posts to an apple/android forum where you can all stroke each other.

I'll second the request for additional applications for the Windows Phone platform, since it's clearly a platform that is here to stay and consumers are buying it.

I'm happy for the remote app; now let's get the remote tv app released!

New Poster

You know what Rog, we are paying Comcast customers, this is not a popularity contest, its about providing customer service. Please take your statiscal comments else where,  as we are mearly asking Comcast to provide an app for all platforms.

New Poster

I have not seen any official updates here. Do the developers at Xfinity/Comcast read these forums?

I have had extremely bad service with X/C, but I have to accept the fact that I am at the mercy of their monopoly if I want decent high speed internet in my area.

Personally, I, very reluctantly, started a new account with X/C ONLY because FiOS is not available in my area yet.
It would appear as though X/C is gambling on that never expanding far enough to make an impact. Or they at least figure they have plenty of time and a locked market hold now and decided to wait it out.

Who knows. I was surprised to see just how limited the FiOS availability area is, myself. With all the marketing you would think it was widespread as the Verizon phone network is. But that is FAR from fact.

As soon as it comes, I'm switching. But if FiOS expansion doesn't catch up with their marketing and put their infrastructure where their mouth is ASAP, then they just might miss the boat as the next big thing comes up from behind.

Maybe say, perhaps... Oh, I don't know... an X/C Windows Phone App please! Sincerely.
Frequent Visitor

It seems pretty clear that they don't care about whether their customers are satisfied with their service. Now, with universal apps for the Windows ecosystem, there is absolutely no excuse. I would encourage anyone reading this who has Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 or an Xbox One to actively look for better alternatives to Comcast. This isn't because they are bad people. They just don't value your business. I'm no longer going to continue to pay for platform proprietary favoritism that is excluding one of the single largest ecosystems on the planet through Windows.
New Poster

it has been over two year since this thread started. Your customers have asked a question. We are still waiting for this service. Update soon, or some of us will start changing service providers.

New Poster

What's the update on a Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 XFINITY TV Go app?  Atleast you could answer the question.

New Poster

I use Microsoft and I still am not sure about the 5 windoews phones we just got for our company, Few useable aps compaird to Android, only speach to text on email and cortona, not in notes or any of the built in apps. 2 of the phones are buggy, all be it better than the iPhones by far. I think we are going to Wright a bad review to our 200k readers on this Nokia. Can't even watch Xfinity..... going back to the more reliable android.

New Poster

Well thats one more nail in Xfinitys coffin... poor customer service and does not support technology that has been out for 2 yrs or more.

New Poster

I've waited long enough! About to drop Comcast over the simple fact that they will not produce one simple app or give Windows Phone users access through the mobile web browser. I'm finished with Comcast's poor support, and a new year will bring a change to my TV provider!
New Poster

Once again Comcast/Xfinity has proved that they do NOT listen to their customers.  Good news though, U-Verse and DirectTV have one.

Contributor

I agree, this app needs to be released for the Windows 8 Phone and I would suggest the Windows 8 tablet platform.

Please at least acknowledge the demand Comcast.

Regular Visitor

This sounds like it's a battle over money between Microsoft and Comcast. I just watched a movie on my Windows 8 phone with the Xbox
video app for $4.99 because on demand wanted $15.99 for the same movie. It's not fair that I'm paying $250.00 a month for Comcast and
they're price gouging. Also every time you blink, they (Comcast) remove another premium channel from the line-up . I need a subscription for TMC? I didn't two years ago. Sorry for the rant. It makes me angry that Comcast thinks people don't notice these things.
New Poster

...Why doesn't a Comcast rep provide an updated response? Here's the question just in case it wasn't clear; Are there any true plans for a WP8 app? Yes or no? Stop ignoring us, your customers. Sent from a WP8 Nokia.

Official Employee

hopefullyavalue wrote:

...Why doesn't a Comcast rep provide an updated response? Here's the question just in case it wasn't clear; Are there any true plans for a WP8 app? Yes or no? Stop ignoring us, your customers. Sent from a WP8 Nokia.

No, not at this time

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Windows 10 is going to be released later this year. Comcast isn't going to release anything for the current OS on Windows phones or tablets. 

New Poster

Ok. I have an Asus Vivo Smart Tab that is running Windows 8.1. The first thing that I did was install Google Chrome once I noticed that it was running some version of Internet Explorer. After I did this, I logged into my Google Chrome account. Then I added the Xfinity TV extension. While this feature lets you watch some of Xfinity's live channels, you can't watch all of them...and from that perspective, some was better than none.

Service Expert
Moved:

Duplicate Post Removed. Please do not cross-post same content into different threads.