Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Volume control for the Xfinity remote app?

New Poster

Volume control for the Xfinity remote app?

I just installed the Xfinity Remote Control app on my new phone. I cannot find the volume control anywhere. I had this app on my old phone and it definitely had a volume app there. My old phone was an iPhone and the new one is an Android. Is the volume control only on the Apple apps?

Official Employee

Re: Volume control for the Xfinity remote app?

DebC55 wrote:

I just installed the Xfinity Remote Control app on my new phone. I cannot find the volume control anywhere. I had this app on my old phone and it definitely had a volume app there. My old phone was an iPhone and the new one is an Android. Is the volume control only on the Apple apps?

There isn't a volume control, you would need a different app of some kind to control your tv. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

ok thanks

Regular Visitor

I have an iPhone 7 and am experiencing the same thing. Obviously the volume control on the app was eliminated. For what reason I have no idea. I often sit at my laptop and will want to adjust the TV volume without having to get up and get the Xfinity Remote. Maybe Comcast wants us to sit in front of the tv and not dual task?
New Poster

My xfinity app used to control tv volume. Now after update and local xfinity system shut down, the app has changed and volume control disappeared
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation