Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Visable designation of "new" programs?

Regular Contributor

Visable designation of "new" programs?

I appreciate the upgrades that have been made on the Xfinity web site which were useful features on the previous web site. But there is still one feature which hasn't been implemented that prevents me from using the online channel guide to browse for programs to watch -  a visable designation of "new" programs. Now you have to click on each program to see if it is new or a repeat. So I am still going to the Zap2it guide to browse and then back to Xfinity to program my DVR. For what I pay Comcast I shouldn't have to do that. Can we expect that to ever be added?

Another useful feature which is on the channel guide on the TV but not on the website guide - a visable designation of shows which have already been programed to be recorded.

Official Employee

Re: Visable designation of "new" programs?

Another useful feature which is on the channel guide on the TV but not on the website guide - a visable designation of shows which have already been programed to be recorded.

swanda, this is found via the "Scheduled" section of XFINITY Stream. This will show all upcoming to be recorded programs. 

Thanks for your feedback about the new programs designation. At this time, clicking into a show and viewing the episode is the method for viewing the newest episode. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastKenF wrote:

swanda, this is found via the "Scheduled" section of XFINITY Stream. This will show all upcoming to be recorded programs. 

Thanks for your feedback about the new programs designation. At this time, clicking into a show and viewing the episode is the method for viewing the newest episode. 

KenF

What swanda is talking about is a indication on the listings page as the previous site had

Official Employee

mvenanzi, thanks for clearing that up! I will pass along this feedback. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

ComcastKenF wrote:

KenF

As I said, the channel guide on the TV DOES show a red dot on shows already programmed to be recorded. The channel guide on the website does not. I don't understand why you think that is valuable on the TV and not on the website, which is where I go to set recordings so I can watch the TV at the same time. As to the new shows designation, you have had plenty of time to restore all the useful functionality of the old web site to the new one, and given how much time you have had, I don't believe you ever intend to. Clicking on every show to see if it is new is not acceptable.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation