Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Viewing free TV on a smart TV on the internet, blocked by Comcast - is this legal?

New Poster

Viewing free TV on a smart TV on the internet, blocked by Comcast - is this legal?

I am a Comcast Subscriber, yet when I want to watch a free channel over the internet, such as ABC, I can't do it why?

Service Expert

Re: Viewing free TV on a smart TV on the internet, blocked by Comcast - is this legal?

pholley5741 wrote:

I am a Comcast Subscriber, yet when I want to watch a free channel over the internet, such as ABC, I can't do it why?

Are you getting any error messages?  If so, what are they?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: Viewing free TV on a smart TV on the internet, blocked by Comcast - is this legal?

Are you using the X1 cable-box to find apps?

If your smart tv has it's own apps you need to down-load the app using the tv remote. In this case you are using Comcast for the Internet only and the cable-box should have nothing to do with the signal. I really doubt that the cable-box is blocking anything you are attempting to do.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation