New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Viewing TV from your websight

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Viewing TV from your websight

I constantly watched tv shows on your sight until this Silverlight requirement became involved. I have spent all weekend reading troubleshooting pages and websights to no avail! I have installed and un-installed the programs numerous times. After I install the required Silverlight Program and plug-in, the show will not play.  You keep asking me to install the programs after I have done so and I am in an installation loop of madness!!! What am I doing wrong? Please help!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Viewing TV from your websight

After a lot of stress and headache, I got around the problem by using Google Chrome with their Flash Player to solve my problem. None of your videos I wanted to watch work with IE and Silverlight, but I have no problems with Google Chrome. You may want to share this others whom may be having the same problem as I. Thanks so much for your help and attention to my problem. You guys are great!!!

View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

1. Restart your browser. If this doens't work...

2. Restart your computer.

Operating System??? Win XP / Vista / 7 / 8 ???

Sometimes I've had problems with Silverlight not liking IE / Firefox / Waterfox (assuming WinOS).

Make sure the version you are downloading is the same as your OS (x86 v 64-bit).

Hope this helps.

Official Employee

pammark2012 wrote:

I constantly watched tv shows on your sight until this Silverlight requirement became involved. I have spent all weekend reading troubleshooting pages and websights to no avail! I have installed and un-installed the programs numerous times. After I install the required Silverlight Program and plug-in, the show will not play.  You keep asking me to install the programs after I have done so and I am in an installation loop of madness!!! What am I doing wrong? Please help!!!

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 34953 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 74.186.171.84 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 1.0.0.40; MAAR; .NET4.0C; playbrytetoolbar_Playbryte; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2702 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Dec 31 12:25:47 EST 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Dec 31 12:25:45 EST 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, cq, cu, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, cp, bu, by, cn, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, bz, bm, co, bl, bk, bp, bo, j, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Official Employee

pammark2012 wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 34953 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 74.186.171.84 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 1.0.0.40; MAAR; .NET4.0C; playbrytetoolbar_Playbryte; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2702 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Dec 31 12:25:47 EST 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Dec 31 12:25:45 EST 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, cq, cu, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, cp, bu, by, cn, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, bz, bm, co, bl, bk, bp, bo, j, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

Your Silverlight is appearing as Unknown which means that there may be some corrupted files on your computer.

Try using the "Fix it for me" solution on Silverlight's help website for a complete uninstall:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, no luck. It can't fix the error. What's my next move? Can you get into my computer and fix it from there?

Official Employee

pammark2012 wrote:

Unfortunately, no luck. It can't fix the error. What's my next move? Can you get into my computer and fix it from there?

I am sorry but I cannot get into your computer.

What version of Silverlight does this site say that you have?

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Silver Problem Solver

are you good with a computer where you can access the registry and delete values?

if not download this program ccleaner, install it then choose run the clearner do the same for the registry, this will get rid off all those left over files that trying to uninstall and reinstall silverlight left.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Frequent Visitor

I'll give it a whirl & let you know what happens!!

Frequent Visitor

After a lot of stress and headache, I got around the problem by using Google Chrome with their Flash Player to solve my problem. None of your videos I wanted to watch work with IE and Silverlight, but I have no problems with Google Chrome. You may want to share this others whom may be having the same problem as I. Thanks so much for your help and attention to my problem. You guys are great!!!

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation