Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Videos won't play on ANY website

New Poster

Videos won't play on ANY website

I cannot get utubes or any other videos to play..  I have deleted firefox and reinstalled firefox.  I get to a website and I have things to view but no play button shows up and nothing happens. Help

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Videos won't play on ANY website

sewist65 wrote:

I cannot get utubes or any other videos to play..  I have deleted firefox and reinstalled firefox.  I get to a website and I have things to view but no play button shows up and nothing happens. Help

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: Videos won't play on ANY website

Hi

For the past 3 days I haven't been able to play any videos on the Comcast/Xfinity home page.  When you click on the video it is simply a BLACK screen and the video never starts. 

This happens with any browser I attempt using, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari.

Since No videos will play on any browser I'm guessing this is a Comcast/Xfinity home page problem.  It makes no difference if I am signed into my account or not signed in.  No videos play.  There are no issues with YouTube or other video sites, ONLY Comcast videos.

If it is not a Comcast issue can anyone tell me what has happened in the past 3 days and most importantly how to fix the problem.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation