New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Video zooms in during playback

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Video zooms in during playback

Can't watch Last Resort. Tried about 5 times. About 2 minutes in the focus shifts to the top of the sub, and all I can see are the tops of people's heads, enlarged. I have an iMac, version OS X 10.5. Never had this problem before.

Accepted Solution

Re: full screen modes cuts off faces

Hi all,

This issue is now resolved.

If you are still seeing this issue, please let us know and we will further assist you.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I can only see half of the video...Please Help

Xfinity. com videos always messing up multiple times while watching shows....can't you fix the problem it's been happening for over a year now!!! The video drops down and I can only see half of the show. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Here's a pic of what I keep getting. http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy200/rikb631/WTF_zpsf5166439.jpg

Tags (1)
New Poster

Video enlarges inside player while streaming videos.

Since last night, on two different computers, trying it on IE and Firefox, the video will enlarge inside the player so you can only see the top left of the video enlarged. This happens in full screen and regular size. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Video enlarges inside player while streaming videos.

Also this issue doesn't have to do with browser settigns. I have checked and reset those. Everything on the webpage including the video player is normal sized, its the video itself that is enlarging. So I can only see the top left portion of what I should be seeing. It is zoomed in, but not the entire page, only the video.

New Poster

I am also having the same issue since last night (9/20).  The show will start normally then within 2 minutes of the show starting the video blacks out for an instant and when it comes back it looks really zoomed in.  This also has no connection to the viewing settings.

I am using a Mac and safari browser.

Please advise.

Thanks.

New Poster

I thought it was just me having this issue.  I would really appreciate it if you can find the answer.  I will say that I noted it happened on two of the new season/new series shows - one from ABC and one from NBC and it happened after I had had the screen on pause for a few minutes.  I tried logging in and logging out and reselecting, etc.   Not a lot of fun to watch a show when I am only seeing foreheads and eyebrows. 

New Poster

videos become larger on screen

When I play a show it'll suddenly become bigger so I can't see the whole scene, like it'll go fron 150 to 200. I have done all all can resolve this issue. has any one else had this kind of trouble

Regular Visitor

Re: videos become larger on screen

Yes! On a bunch of different videos. I tried restarting the videos and my browser etc etc. I finally gave up and went to the different network websites. Defeats the whole purpose of this website really. Get it together Comcast or Xfinity whatever you call yourselves now.

New Poster

Same problem here.  Last two days the video zooms in to peoples foreheads and I can't see the rest. 

MARGOREKASKI wrote:

When I play a show it'll suddenly become bigger so I can't see the whole scene, like it'll go fron 150 to 200. I have done all all can resolve this issue. has any one else had this kind of trouble

Regular Visitor

happening form me with the office

Frequent Visitor

Random zoom in 2 mintues after starting a show

I am having problems with my videos enlarging so I can only see part of the screen. It happens about two mintues into a show. I am using windows with firefox. I tried using IE but it still happened. When it enlarges I can only see eye brows.  Any thoughts on whats going on and how to fix it?

Frequent Visitor

Random Zoom-in

On some programs (i.e. Last Resort, Major Crime) after about two minutes of run time the picture will suddenly zoom in so all you can see is the top of people's heads.  I've seen several other posts for this same issue.  When can we expect a resolution?

New Poster

Re: Random Zoom-in

I am having the same problem on pretty much everything and it is making it Xfinity TV unwatchable.

New Poster

Auto zoom

Watching Shark Tank. 5 minutes into the program the picture zoomed in to head shots. Stopped and resumed but the picture was still in zoom.

New Poster

Watching TV shows

After I sign in and select a program (in this case Revolution), the commercial plays with no problem. Then either the video starts and jumps to AUTO ZOOM, or doesn't start at all. Sometimes the AUTO ZOOM affects the commercial. I haven't had this problem before. What's wrong??

New Poster

xfinity Sadness... :(

My xfinity TV is sadly not working, the videos are not fitting the little black "screen" in the player. I keep trying to log off and on to see if it fixes it, but the image is always to large to see and usually only shows the upper left hand side of the picture. The sound works fine but even if I can some how get to the "full screen Viewer" by zooming in on a point on my computer screen, the picture gets larger but with the same left hand corner of the movie.

Its a Bummer cause I usually never have problems with my xfinity comcast.

Can some one please help and tell me what to do?

Smiley Sad i love my xfinity and miss it....

Thanx

-Jfeild

New Poster

Re: problem watching xfinity on demand on computer

I'm having the same problem.  It's on everything I watch, on demand is unusable.

New Poster

Re: xfinity Sadness... Auto ZOOM

ugh i miss my regular shows...darn this stinks... no more ZOOM IN!

Regular Visitor

Re: xfinity Sadness... :(

You're not alone. It's happening to me too. I'm surprised that this issue is not fixed. It's been at least 2 days since the problem started.

Frequent Visitor

Re: I can only see half of the video...Please Help

I use widows vista on this computer and windows 7 on my other computer using IE, Firefox, and Chrome. This happens with all. I have noticed that it only happens on shows that have commercials and are HULU based. hope this will help to fix the issue. I did what you said and it's not the browsers size at all here are some of the shows it happens to: The voice, The Secret Life of an American Teenager, Go On, and New Girl.

New Poster

Same issue.  It's as above.  Only HULU shows and movies, about 2 minutes in.  

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4.  Safari Version 5.1.7 (7534.57.2) Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265.

Regular Visitor

Personally I'm becoming a big fan of the forehead close-up shots. Or if that gets old, just close your eyes and imagine everything in your mind.

In all seriousness, this is very aggravating and an obvious bug with xfinity program code. I've found lot's of these posts since yesterday, all with virtually the same problem. It is kind of insulting to read Administrator Joe's replies regarding zoom levels on our browsers. If that was the case it would be zoomed in to start with. It wouldn't happen 2 minutes into the program. Aye Carumba. 

Regular Visitor

Right you are! Hulu videos not playing nice with xfinity. Good eye!

New Poster

same problem here! its the video not the computers. please fix asap

New Poster

I have the same problem and have tried three fixes.

I tried to use a mac and i had the same problem

I can wathc HULU and NETFLIX with no problem with screen resolution

This is a streaming problem from Comcast

New Poster

Re: problem watching xfinity on demand on computer

This is the same issue for me

I am reading the forums and it is a broad problem

I pay as much as I do for comcast because I travel and want to watch what I pay for when out on the road

I am not getting what I pay for

New Poster

Video is GINORMOUS!

How much time can I spend trying to find a solution the the weird giant images - what???? 

This is horrible Comcast/Xfinity/Hulu! 

Official Employee

Hi all,

If you have not already, can you please post your:

-Operating system

-Web browser

-Video you were watching

-At what point of the video did it zoom in

This information will help us narrow down this issue.

Thank you for your feedback,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

WINDOWS 7

IE9

Boardwalk Empire or any video playback for any show

Auto Zoom about 2 minutes into the show

Very Frustrating!!!!

Regular Visitor

Re: Aspect Ratio Changes in Mid-Program

I have this same problem on two different systems.  What is going on?  I cannot watch On-Demand at all anymore.

New Poster

showing half the screen

I have tried two different videos online and both play normally for a few minutes then the screen cuts in half and only the top half shows but it shows at the bottom of the screen (kinda like the old vertical hold days). The top half of the screen is only black.

What to do?  Plug ins are up to date

New Poster

Re: showing half the screen

BTW -- commercials show perfectly every time...and yes I've restarted both vid and browser...using firefox

New Poster

same problem here.  very frustrating.

Windows 7

IE 9

All videos I have tried.  Last Resort most recently.

try to play in fullscreen and after about 2 minutes it zooms in and stays that way

New Poster

Windows 7

IE 9 and Google Chrome

Go On, Glee....

1-2 minutes in..

New Poster

video playback on xfnity web

i have been having a issue with almost every tv show playback poping iinto a oversize screen doesnt seem to make any differance what i do it contnues to do this?

New Poster

Re: video playback on xfnity web

Having same problem. It looks like a bootleg movie it sucks. Plus all the good movies are locked

Official Employee

Re: Aspect Ratio Changes in Mid-Program

There is a known issue affecting some of the content served by Hulu right now that we're working to resolve.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Chrome

Windows 7 home edition

Revolution

1-2 minutes in

Covert Affairs

same

Regular Visitor

Can't watch videos for more than 1 minute before the picture zooms in . I use Windows xp with Google Chrome . It happens on all shows . 

New Poster

Zooming issues

I do not know what is going on. Everytime I start to watch a tv show online through xfinity it automatically zooms in and I can not see anything anymore. Maybe like the top of someone's head, but not the entire picture. Hope that makes sense. This started out of the blue a couple of days ago, I try to zoom back out but it will not let me. I need help because it is very very annoying.

Official Employee

Re: Zooming issues

Hi all,

Our team is further looking into this issue. To help us further narrow down what is causing this, can you please provide us with some information:

-Operating system

-Web browser

-Video you were watching

-At what point of the video did it zoom in? Does the zoom occur at the same point of the video every time?

-Was it before, during or after an ad?

-Were you in full-screen mode?

Thank you for all those who already left us feedback. Much appreciated.

I will update this thread when we know more about this issue.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I use windows7 google chrome and it happens with all videos!!

New Poster

Issue Playing Shows On TV

I have recently been trying to play a tv show from the xfinity tv online on my tv through an hdmi cable.  I was originally having no problem at all, but a couple days ago when I tried playing something on my tv the video would not play, it would just stop after an NBC ad and not continue buffering, leaving the player with a black screen.  I looked on your forums and saw suggestions about using a different browser, so I did that.  I was originally using chrome and tried IE (which didn't work) and firefox (which did work).  However, today I've been trying to play a video on my tv and for some reason the resolution keeps changing.  This is kind of hard to explain, at first the resolution is just fine and you can see the entire video, then all of a sudden its as if the video just shifted down and you can only see the eyes of the people in the video not their mouths or anything.  Once taking the video off of fullscreen mode it continues to exhibit this problem and it is only fixed if I refresh the page, however the same thing will happen after a short time and I will have to restart my browser again.  I don't know what else to do

Frequent Visitor

I have a windows 7 operating system and I have tried using IE and firefox. It happens on all xfinity videos llike 2 minutes in.

New Poster

Windows 7 (64bit)

Firefox

Revolution-3 min into video, after commercial
&

Men With Babies, 2 min into video, after commercial

Both were in full screen mode

New Poster

Re: Video zooms in during playback

I am having this problem as well!

Chrome

Windows 7 home edition

Revolution

1-2 minutes in

Frequent Visitor

Re: Video zooms in during playback

Are you kidding me it's doing it more now. It's HULU can't you understand. I pay alot of money for xfinty and to use it online and this is what I get. This has been going on for like 3 weeks now and you keep asking us our operating system. Why don't you look into HULU and why only the videos that are played by HULU are doing this?? Yes it does it to EVERY operating system and with EVERY browser, but only HULU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

full screen modes cuts off faces

when i click full screen it cuts the screen in half and i can only see half of everything. how do I fix it??

Tags (1)
New Poster

I'm also having zooming issues, trying to watch episode two of Revolution via Xfinity/Hulu.  I have tried IE8 and Google Chrome.  Two different computers both running Windows 7.

I watched True Blood earlier today with no problems, so per the other posts looks like trouble with Hulu.

Frequent Visitor

OK now that everyone has found the problem why can't we get this fixed???