Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Video streaming buffering and not loading....only at home

New Poster

Video streaming buffering and not loading....only at home

I have had Comcast HS Internet and TV service for quit a while now.  I have been streaming video on my laptop at home for at least two years.  As of Saturday, September 7th I can no longer stream video without it stalling, buffering or closing.  It took over 3 hours to watch a 45 minute video from the XFinity TV area.  Of course I made a call to Comcast and went through the recycle formalities at about 1am Sunday morning.....it did not help.  I tried again later in the morning, but still no good.  I knew if I tried calling again you would have me do the recycle again and then try to tell me that it was my computer so I took my laptop to my office, which also uses Comcast service) and sat at my desk for nearly an hour loading and watching different videos, with absolutely NO problem.  It did not stutter, stop or quit, not once.  I went back home and did a full recycle before I even turned on my laptop....it still did not work.  Videos are still not playing right.  It is NOT my computer.  I called your Customer Service department and was told that in order to fix the problem "instantaneously no less" I would need to pay a repair fee and they would be happy to get it to work correctly right away.   WHAT!?  I already pay a fairly good amount every month WHY should I pay more to actually use it now?  Can ANYONE tell me what you think I should do to video at home again?  Could it be the modem or the router?

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation